The Virtual Console

Hendo

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well this morning I bought Lylat Wars and also bought Actraiser as the description of it makes it sound wicked, aiiight.

Looking forward to playing them, especially Lylat wars, shame there was only two this week but lylat was is worth it. :D

SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced that four titles from its SEGA Genesis™ library, Streets of Rage 2, Toe Jam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron, Shining in the Darkness and Kid Chameleon, will soon be available for download on the Wii™ Shop Channel. Prices start at 800 Wii™ Points for SEGA Genesis titles. Wii Points can be purchased online or at select retailers at an MSRP of $20 for 2,000 points.

Streets of Rage 2 - Fuck yeah!

Toe Jam and Earl 2 - Fuck yeah!

Shining in the Darkness - Yeah!

Kid Chameleon - Yeah!

Virtua Fighter 2.....that's the one that caused Ben to go into a fit over wasn't it? As in, it's really really bad?

Might have a bash at Wonder Boy (what is the secret of his power?).

Man that sucks major donkey balls. Two titles and one of them is a NES game (NES sports no less).

Thanks Ed for staying up and letting us know again, I cant help but yet again feel cheated by Nintendo's Virtual Console.

Well im not fussed that theres nothing I want that happens most weeks, but the thing i was getting at is that there are two releases and one of which is a NES game, which cant have taken too much time to put out, so its almost like theres just a release and a half. Fair enough if the other game had of been an N64 game but its not.

One of the biggest differences between Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade and Nintendo's Virtual Console is that the Xbox Live offers demos and previews, which Nintendo's VC does not. However, Nintendo has taken a cue from Microsoft and will now offer videos of upcoming VC games online.

Though the videos are very short, they present a thirty-second preview and highlight the gameplay of the games that would hit the Virtual Consoles in the future. Most of the Wii gamers had complained about this as sometimes their precious Wii points were wasted. They had no way to know if the game was up their mark.

Nintendo is not offering demos, but their decision to upload thirty-second gameplay videos would be welcomed by the Wii gamers. Who knows, they may also start free demo downloads.

That would help alot since i havnt experienced many retro greatest games

Because of some European countries having tomorrow off, we've had our VC "delights" early.

Certain countries in Europe (Netherlands, probably also Germany, where the NoE HQ is) have tomorrow and friday off.

It's called Ascension Day. And Wikipedia also confirms Germany has it as well.

Donkey Kong 2 - SNES

Mario & Yoshi - NES

What a strange thing to do, why not just leave them on there, I wonder if they have been taken off the other countries areas....Unless there was something wrong with one of the games.