The Virtual Console

Hendo

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just had a quick go with Sin and Punishment, its obviously good stuff. i know it looks prehistorically outdated by todays standards, but it certainly reminds you of the gulf between the 64's gfx and any of its rivals at the time. plays nicely, obvious comparison is lylat wars but thats a good thing of course, lylat wars is shit hot. taking me a while to get used to aiming and moving, jumping and changing aim type all at the same time :P i was getting there by the end of my little go though, ill get stuck in tomorrow straight after i finish a couple of rock hard crisis missions on Time Crisis 2

GET BONUS

UPDATE 05/10/07

Super Thunder Blade (Mega Drive) 800 points

Streets of Rage 3 (Mega Drive) 800 points

Landstalker (Mega Drive) 800 points

Golden Axe 3 (Mega Drive) 800 points

Fatal Fury: King of the Fighters (Neo Geo) 900 points

Its another Sega week!

Nintendo must be preparing itself to release Super Metroid anytime soon... ;)

Also the Neo Geo's first VC appearence! :)

I think i'll pick up Landstalker at some point as i really wanted it as a kid, but never got hold of it.

Was meant to be touted as some kind of anser to Zelda if i remember correctly?

Bah :( I might have to buy some points this week :(

Shin, Landstalker is fantastic, it is pretty similar to Zelda, just segafied. SOR 3 is the type of game I bought into the VC for, it costs far too much to buy the original, and it's never really been emulated well over here (if at all). Fatal Fury, as a series, i love, but I wont have enough points for it

Double post extravaganza!

Downloaded Super Metroid... Its quite strange that it seems you HAVE to have either french or german subtitles on for the story bits, but i guess that isnt a major thing :whistle:

The game holds up really well, plays great, maybe a little clunky if youve got the GBA Metroids. Nothing stops this from being the definitive Metroid title though :cheer:

Get it now, and appreciate the good lords finest work!

Shin_Seffron wrote:

Its here!! ITS FUCKING HERE!

At long last!!

Super Metroid FTMFW!!!

Ooooh rah, this is the best game to come out on the VC for ages in my opinion. I rekon some people may find it a little old, but you really are missing out if you dont give it a chance, one of the most atmospheric old school games out there. Loads of secrets to find too....

Ah I have fond memoeries watching some canadian video gaming disciple playing this game ages ago. He was so devoted to games, like a mix of Illdog and Hendo but ginger (I know terrifying thought) and he would play this game and do a thousand word a minute commentary on it.

So yes I shall definitely be getting this game if only to relive the commentary in my head.

It's definitely one of the best SNES games, nay games, ever. I'm not sure if I'll download it as I think I have the US cart lying around somewhere. But to those that haven't played it before it's a must have. My favourite Metroid, before they went to crappy 3D.

I was slightly tempted by Castlevania II, but i havent even got Super Castlevania yet... only cos these are the more traditional Castlevania games - before they started adding daft names at the end like 'Dawn of Sorrow' or the next one - 'Concerto of misery' ;)