passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

[Rumour/Leak] Final Fantasy X Remake

DisturbedSwan

Didnt dislike 10, it had some good elements. But it really doesnt need a remake at the moment.
Though if you addressed the issues of the first one could actually make it into a solid game.

If your gonna do remakes lets go with some of those 8/16bit titles.

Not that exciting to me, I'd like to see them pick up that FFX-3 thing they were teasing years ago instead

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/07/14/a-final-fantasy-x-3-story-is-already-written-but-final-fantasy-7-remake-is-the-main

They tee-ed it up with an audio drama on the HD release in 2014, where

Spoiler

somehow, Sin came back.

and did nothing with that since. Which is weird

Also agree there's not as much benefit going back to do one of the 3d games, but another sequel would still be a good way to revisit Spira. X-2 had its issues but was interesting to see the world move past its religious fundamentalism. 

edit the person who made those posts in that thread has since deleted them

Why are these rumours gaining any traction?  SE have the new FF games to do, FFXIV is ongoing.  The FFVII remakes are still on going and I don't think they'll end with the next one.  I just don't think they have the resources to dedicate to all the remakes of old FFs.  It doesn't add up at all.

The FFIX one goes way back to when it got leaked by nvidia's geforce now. Which was a huge list of games which have since being confirmed, basically most AAA releases the past few years have been on it.

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-leaked-games-list-pc/

I don't doubt they are doing things with X because a lot of people are very fond of it, but I would be surprised if they remade it. It holds up fine, it's not a hard one to go back to. 

I think this is some wires crossed hearsay tbh

This would be absolutely awesome for me. I only completed FFX a couple of years ago and remember it vividly, so to go back to that world, go on that Journey again but see all those fantastic environments in Spira rendered in all their 2023 glory would be absolutely amazing. 

It'd be a relatively easy remake to pull off, too, as it's mostly just linear corridors with pretty backgrounds. I replayed it on Switch a few years ago, the overall game has aged gracefully, the cutscenes and character interactions not so much. When you compare it to FFXII it's almost a generational leap in that regard even though they came out on the same hardware, so there's a lot of room for improvement in that aspect. Whether or not that justifies a remake, I dunno. With SE's current philosophy I could also see them making combat more action-oriented, which I wouldn't welcome at all.

10 minutes ago, HandsomeDead said:

The Persona 3 rumour is quite an old one that also made sense.  These FF ones just don't.  I dunno about that Nvidia thing.  Maybe a miscommunication of the straight PS1 port?  I dunno.  I just really can't see it.

There's more legs and corroborations of the FF9 Remake, Jeff Grubb, Gematsu etc. alluded to its existence.

FFIX has enough people talking about it that it's probably true imo, but the scope of what Square are prepared to do with a game like IX, or even X, is not going to be like VII. They've been trying to turn VII into this big connected universe of games for decades and Remake is where they seemed to finally get that to work in a big way.

I think IX's remake will be a bit underwhelming tbh. Rumour is that it's by the Trials of Mana people. X I just straight up think isn't a real thing but that it's a sequel instead

X was where FF dropped the ball for me. 6 through 9, I absolutely loved. But X? Not so much.

The sphere grid system was just confusing as fuck. The characters were boring, the story was dull. And apart from a couple of tracks, the soundtrack was meh. 

I know a lot of people loved X, and still do. Personally, I was glad to finish the story, and then ditch it forever.