passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mortal Kombat 1

DisturbedSwan

I'm guessing it's a sign of how rusty I am but I couldn't figure out how to get the meter bars to work? I'm also going to assume the Brutality, as it is, is purely for demo purposes. I remember Brutalities being a lot harder to pull off than a simple button and direction?

Press RT/R2 at the same time as the button during a special move for the enhanced version. Doing so will use one segment. I haven’t checked in this yet but in XI you could also use some to perform combo breakers and things like that too. 

Brutalities have worked like this for a while too, definitely in XI, maybe in all the recent trilogy. You sometimes have to perform certain actions - jump X times, lose 1 round, block for X seconds - then finish the fight with a certain move for that to perform a brutality instead. Such as Sub Zeros uppercut which takes their head off as the final action in this. 

Note: There is an IGN video, covering the first 17 minutes of Story Mode. I will neither be watching it or showing it here. The game is out in less than a month. Detailed spoilers like that are just plain wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

WB seem to have gone full marketing blitz with this. I'm pretty sure a MK1 poster is one every single bus stop within about 10 miles of me😄

So in theory, I've got 17 days left until this arrives. Which for my timescales amounts just over two weeks to at least finish Armoured Core 6...

This is also doing the early access premium thing, along with Starfield and the PS5 version of Baldur's Gate

Seems like publishers have found their new annoying trend. With a fighting game especially it's kind of evil, cause people can learn tech pretty fast and the FOMO aspect is harsher for some

I don't find this as annoying as that thing they were doing a few years back where it seemed every game had six editions and they were all exclusive to a different shop.

I kind've wish I'd bought the Digital Dickhead version of Starfield now as I already know I'll be buying any expansions.🙄

4 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

This is also doing the early access premium thing, along with Starfield and the PS5 version of Baldur's Gate

Seems like publishers have found their new annoying trend. With a fighting game especially it's kind of evil, cause people can learn tech pretty fast and the FOMO aspect is harsher for some

Just had to check. But, although it won't make any difference to me. I did preorder the Premium Edition. I thought that preferable to those [clearly more money than sense] Super Duper three figure editions that come with statues and whatever.