passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wanted: Dead

HandsomeDead

This trailer was from a few months ago:

Honestly kinda mad I didn't know about this 😂

It's hard to tell what the game is actually like but the finishers look like they might work the same way as they did in Ninja Gaiden 2.  I'm just hoping this game ends up being what Devil's Third should have been.

I'm willing to give it enough benefit of the doubt for now regarding the animation, like they're going for a kung-fu movie style with the pausing.  Might not feel great if the pauses are just for the sake of it and not for giving you space to make different decisions as the action gets unpredictable.

I don't think it'll be anywhere near a GotY or anything as it's a bit old fashioned but I'm into it.  Looks like a fun B-tier game that don't really get made much now.  One of those really cool 7/10s that are some of the best kind of games.

• 5 months later...

It reads like it's not hitting the story and world elements as well as say Deadly Premonition or Drakengard 3 which is a shame if unsurprising.  Also a shame the combat doesn't open up (but I've read plenty of reviews that are really bad when it comes assessing combat systems so I think I'll keep that in mind).

I think it'll hit the sales quite quickly so I'll get it then.  Still sounds like a fascinating project and a breath of fresh air to me.