passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gran Turismo 7

spatular

Hopefully get repatched soon, Im not on those yet, only working on the licenses as the cafe says I need them.

So at the Moment I just have B and A licenses, nearly all golds so far, just final test in A with a Silver, so only about .040 seconds off gold,but just cant break it

at the moment.

Think up to cafe menu 24 or 25 and only the last couple where I have struggled witht hte recomended stock car, I am either massively out of practice or they

really need tuning to be able to compete, and doesnt give any indication to oponents PP so hard to tell how much faster their cars are or how much I suck 🙂

there was a patch to fix stuff including the broken license tests/missions... but it broke the always online stuff or something so you can't really play the game now, well you couldn't yesterday, maybe they've fixed it by now. you sort of can play it but it tries to connect online for ages then lets you play a massively reduced/very basic version of the game, with none of your cars/single player progress. (apparently it's just been fixed)

i finished the cafe thing a few days ago, for me the start was alright, and the end where you get some decent cars in the last few menus was pretty fun, but for the most part it was imo a bit rubbish, mainly because it makes you play with cars i don't like. i chose the easy mode which helped in not having to upgrade cars/waste money.

had been playing more of the license tests/mission mode and enjoying that more, got gold on all the tests except the broken rally one, there's quite a few missions that are broken too, and some where you need your own car and i'm not sure if i really need a better car to do those. a gr3 30 mins race with pit stops, you start the race, after the first pit stop the rain gets bad, so i came into the pits again for wet tires... but i don't have any, had to quit the race, buy some wet tires (they're expensive, full set of tires cost maybe around 150k? - that's for all the different types not just wet, thought i might need soft and intermediate ones etc. too), start again, get the wets on at the first pit stop, i'm not doing too well though, get to maybe 15th then have a spin, repeat this a few times for 25 mins, then in the last 5 mins the cpu cars all start going really slowly so i got up to 5th by the end of the race, it's all pretty odd. there is a weather radar thing but i don't know how it works.

i have over 5 million credits but hording them for now as if i bought all the cars i want i'd run out really quick, the red bull concept car is 3 mill on it's own, the formula and old style f1 cars are a million each, as is a gr1 car, and 800k for gr2. i'm hoping finishing the missions might give me some of these cars.

Aside from the actual fixes I'm not expecting to like this patch at all, Nerfing the rewards is a shitty move, expecially when they were already fairly grindy.

I am always accepting that a game like GT is gonna have a bit of a grind, and dont expect every vehicle to be given on a plate however
this game really doesnt seem to respect the players time, and Im guessing this is more Sonys influence not PD. Be intereseted if the Japanese version has the

same grind or if they are just targetting western audiences?

Eitherway I refuse to buy MT and im not bothered about owning every car, but this is still on the shitty side of predatory.

Given the bad press its been getting, im hopping it will not just be restored but eased, They early game does a very good job of rewarding you but I'm guessing outside the menus thats when the grind starts.

The biggest issue to me is the always online component that doesnt just block a little content if the server is down but most of it, I can understand some features

neading authentication but the Single player part is a load of BS, and given sonys mocking of MS at begining of PS4 gen they really need to reassess.

Anyhoo, onto the game despite the above I'm really enjoying it so far, I think some of the later menus could do with a bit better hand holding especially from Porcshe cup

onwards, playing on Hard the difficulty went up massively, was struggling and had to read a few pointer as to where I should be tuning the car ( This was a good example of the game eating over 100K credits ).

However retuned and added a big rear spoiler really added to the traction of the car,  especially given I only run 1 on TCS settings.

Ended up nailing first 2 tracks quite easy, but Nürburgring took a few attempts as kept getting 2nd / 3rd place, wasnt until I got a rainy event and Intermediate tyres on that

the opposition slowed down giving me a clear victory.

So shows how tuning is really important, just a shame there arent a few more guides on it IMO.

From what I’ve read the always online stuff is so people can’t cheat for the online modes, which makes sense. Still sucks though for folks that have ponied up a lot of cash and can’t play the game they paid for, hope they can some how reach a compromise with the always online component at some point down the line.

I’m more worried about the rewards being slightly less than they were, I’ve heard a lot of folks say they throw so many cars and money at you that you never feel like you need to spend MTX, I’ve seen others say the opposite. The MTX shouldn’t be in there though, pure and simple, I’m surprised it didn’t get more pushback in the reviews. 

This is just my takeaways from an outsiders perspective anyway. I really want to play this, especially when ER is boring me. 

3 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

From what I’ve read the always online stuff is so people can’t cheat for the online modes, which makes sense.

No, it doesn't. There are ways to detect cheaters and take appropriate action (ban account, put them all in the same matchmaking group etc.). Heck even if you didn't do anything at all it wouldn't be an issue because it's such a minuscule group of people that it barely impacts the normal user's playing experience. It's not a shooter where you can use an aimbot or a wallhack, cheaters would just give themselves the best cars.

Always online is implemented here because this is a glorified F2P service game sold for 70 bucks and the want to have complete control over the microtransaction marketplace. There's no other motive.

Yeah, The crazy part is you have to go to world map before selecting the online element (Sport Mode) which is from my

expereience a completely seperate experience from SP stuff, No reason at all for the SP to need any authentication, this is the

type of crap expected from Blizzard / Bethesda.

On 19/03/2022 at 17:36, Maryokutai said:

No, it doesn't. There are ways to detect cheaters and take appropriate action (ban account, put them all in the same matchmaking group etc.). Heck even if you didn't do anything at all it wouldn't be an issue because it's such a minuscule group of people that it barely impacts the normal user's playing experience. It's not a shooter where you can use an aimbot or a wallhack, cheaters would just give themselves the best cars.

Always online is implemented here because this is a glorified F2P service game sold for 70 bucks and the want to have complete control over the microtransaction marketplace. There's no other motive.

Respectfully, yes it does according to the Game Director:

Kazunori Yamauchi explained that it’s to prevent cheating. He insinuated that the only way to ensure save files aren’t hacked or edited is by storing them on Polyphony Digital’s servers, and therefore you’ll need an Internet connection in order to make progress in offline modes.

I think your second paragraph is a little hyperbolic though and a little over the top. I make clear that the MTX shouldn't be in a full price game, pure and simple and it's very disappointing they're in there. But this isn't a glorified F2P game, it's clear they (either PD or Sony) wanted it to have GaaS elements for sure, which is disappointing in some regard but at the same time the previous game had these elements and was praised for adding lots of stuff and keeping the game 'alive' despite an initial disappointing launch. 

What I hate the most when these kinds of things come up is that it reduces all the talking points of a game down to one. Even posts on here from folks who are/were enjoying the game are now just ranting about MTX. As always with these kinds of things, if the game is good then I can just ignore the nonsense really, but that remains to be seen.

Only speaking from an outsiders perspective here still, I did actually install the game at the weekend though lol. 

If online storing of saves is about improving the player experience it seems to have had the opposite effect. Not sure how much MTX factors in here, but I think it's easy enough to see it's at the very least a factor in the decision as it would allow people to 'pirate' content in the game if they could mess around with it offline

I'm not convinced that any game which doesn't have a design dependency on online (MMOs) have a strong enough justification to do something like this, or that cheaters are even a big enough thing to worry about. The sad thing is it attaches an expiry date to these games, when they shut the servers down it's not a set in stone guarantee they will allow the game to continue working. 

edit by all accounts it takes something like 30+ hours to get some of the higher tier cars, or 300 euro. So offline save editing would be a nice and handy skip for all that nonsense.

i recon i've played more than 30 hours, and been doing all the single player content so you get more money for that than you would later on, barely spent any money, and have ~6 million, the most expensive car so far i think is 18 million. it's pretty stupid.

was doing some mission mode drift events last night, they're stupidly hard, and not particularly enjoyable, got 2 golds so far, so some progress i guess. also got thrown out of the mission mode when the game lost connection to the servers.

Definately getting golds in some missions and licenses a real challenge silver usually fairly easy though, but just constantly retrying to shave that next 1000th off the time to get gold has a real compelling one more try factor to it. 

Well thought I'd try something with roulette tickets, I had 2 spare, both different star rattings a 2 and a 4 *

So my thoughts were roulette stops on a prize you dont want, exit the game before it can save the reward, reload spin again try for different prize.

Started on the 2 Star ticket, various gold bars, huge stacks of cash and parts, 1st time smallish stack of cash 10,000 cr which was smallest cash prize availible.

so restarted 15 times each time the same result, 10,000cr which was always the smallest pile of credits.

2nd ticket 4* what was up for grabs, A car, 2 differnt tuning parts, an invitation or 5000 cr

Well won the lesser of the tuning parts, which visually never seemed to change, so story here is there is no beating the system.

They only thing I did notice that I am curious about is that the the car on the prize reel changed amongst 2 or 3 different cars each time,

So I am wondering if it pulls them from a small pool of cars, if you win one you already have is there a chance of a respin, or is the car also pre determined?

Guess will try when situation crops up.

Dear Gran Turismo Community,

Thank you for your continued support and feedback on Gran Turismo 7, your voices have not gone unheard. I would like to apologize for the frustration and confusion caused last week with our patch updates which resulted in, not only a server outage but also adjustments to the in-game economy which were made without a clear explanation to our community.

We know that this is not the Gran Turismo experience you expect and we will be making a goodwill gesture in the form of a non-paid credit pack of 1 million Cr. available to those players who may have been affected*. You will see this hit your accounts shortly. Make sure you log into the game before April 25 to claim the credits.

The patch update previously deployed was intended to rectify an issue with inconsistent reward payouts within a part of the World Circuit Events.  But, to re-establish the intended equilibrium and provide more accurate rewards based on time investment and completion, it was necessary to recalculate the rewards system as a whole.

To improve the player experience, we will be rolling out a considerable patch in the beginning of April.  The number of events will be increased, and we will reestablish the reward system with greater balance throughout the game to benefit all players.

Updates which will come into effect beginning of April:

• Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
  • Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
  • Increase of rewards in Online Races.
  • Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
  • Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
  • Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.

Beyond this there will be a few additional patches deployed between now and the end of April which will add new cars and course layouts and make some other fixes.

Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term updates we are working on. We can’t confirm an exact date or specifics yet, but will give advance notice via www.gran-turismo.com.

• Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
  • Further World Circuit event additions.
  • Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
  • Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
  • Make it so cars can be sold.

We want to thank you for your continued patience and valuable feedback as we grow and evolve GT7 to make it as enjoyable and rewarding for as many players as possible.  We always want to keep communication lines open with our community so that we can work together to build the best racing experience possible.

^ yeah good news they're doing something about it, doubt rewards will be back dated but still a move in the right direction.

got all golds on the missions now except the last drag race which i need to spend some money on so holding off that for now. did get some nice cars from the missions but some of the missions were painful. doing some circuit experiences now, the difficulty is all over the place, one was done first time, the bathurst one took an hour! should probably hold off on those till they update the rewards.

5 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Updates which will come into effect beginning of April:

• Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.

Think I’ll wait for that patch before I get into it. Being able to sell cars on is a big one too. 

Glad I’ve not really played it yet, having pad issues - not sure if controller or console but keeps lagging and holding inputs even if I’m not pressing anything.
Definitely need to give up buying any game day 1 though. Just not worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Only had a very brief go on this last Friday night (mainly so I could nab the 1,000,000 bonus credits before the 25th 😂) but I was incredibly impressed with it.

Did 1 music rally event and 1 proper race and had so much fun with both of them. The music rally was way better than I thought it would be and the music added a neat extra dimension to proceedings, despite it being my first race I was trying to drive as well as possible to get the Gold Medal for it.

The race was more of what I expected really and I managed to smoke half the field by about 10 seconds by equipping a really fast car (no PP limit so GR Yaris it was) so that went very well lol. 

What really impressed me was the handling model. It's been a long time since I played one of these games so I can't compare it to GT5 but the handling here, the weight of the car with the controller combined with the haptics and tensioning triggers on the DualSense is a real game changer. I've never experienced a racing game before where the car feels so alive in your hands, only with a controller, it's properly mental to experience. I was playing with minimal assists (braking zone, racing line through corners, ABS, traction control) and could so easily feel the car's grip, oversteering or understeering around corners. It's truly incredible and for the first time in quite awhile I was utterly transfixed and had a big ol' cheshire cat grin on my face. 

Obviously very early days though but yeah, I can't wait to dig into this properly after I'm done with Elden Ring some time in the distant future. The 2,000,000 credits I got should mean I'll never even have to look at the MTX screen (not that I would anyway) as well. 

A great first impression.

Pics:

CA1AC3BC-AE46-464E-97A4-FC49C1759B56.jpeg

BD36EB08-3B33-420C-8267-F499C0762230.jpeg