passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet

Maf

Yes I really like the starters too. Looks more like a basic, classic Pokemon design which is good. 

The only thing I don’t like the look of was the human characters. They look too human and out of place.

But overall pumped. Can’t wait to get more gameplay details in the summer (I assume)

28 minutes ago, Maf said:

They look too human and out of place.

On the one hand I prefer it to the chibi look. But, as you say, they do look at odds with the PokéMon themselves. The game does have Meowth, at least. Which is a plus. While I'd be interested to see a PokéMon: Team Rocket edition. I doubt that will ever happen officially.

The trailer nearly had 200,000 views in under an hour. 

image.png

I'm going to make a really wild and out there statement and say the new Pokemon game is going to be a hit. 

I saw some people saying that 3 games in a year is too much. Well. It's a lot of Pokemon but one was a remake and the other was a brand new type of Pokemon game never been made before. And this looks like a combination of the new and classic? Maybe for some it will be too much but as long as the games are good I have no problem with it.

However for anyone who thought about playing Arceus but didn't, definitely hold off now. 

Both those screenshots look like the same place but at different times of day. I hope that doesn't mean there's only one town/city again and the rest of it is just open world. The players home was on a coastal cliff so hopefully that's a indicator there's other towns/cities to find along the way. Even if there's one main city as a central location, as long as there's more going on outside of it that would be great. 

Looking at the trailer I thought this one was based on Greece but judging by the names of the Pokemon it's more likely based on Italy 

Usually I always pick the fire type but that duck looking cool as fuck 

32 minutes ago, OCH said:

The Grass type just looks like another Eevee.🤔

Yeah, kind of looks like a lot of Pokemon. Pretty uninspired. Not terrible, but seen it before.

I really liked Quaxly (Good name too!) except it kind of looks like a Donald Trump wig. So I'm back to Fuecoco as my pick. Little fire dinosaur guy is cool. 

• 3 months later...

First full trailer

Nothing crazy here, but looks really good. Does look more and more like a blend of Arceus with traditional Pokemon game. Now with 4 player co-op of sorts?

Yo

FUK3Ij_XEAUq_Ox?format=jpg&name=medium

Years ago I said one of things I want from Pokemon is to be able to go any where you want in no set order, and to balance it the game scales with you. Maybe this is it?

Or maybe it’ll be somewhat forced like you can go to the level 60 gym straight away, but good luck with that.

In SS they have a bad system wear gym badges lock you out of catching Pokemon of a certain level. For example you can only catch Pokemon above level 35 when you get the 3rd badge or whatever.

So possibility that this comes with restraints but…still sounds cool. 

Also since it’s the meme of the day

Let's point out the inevitable media comparison then. Sounds like PokéMon: Elden Ring Edition.

I like the aesthetic has leaned away from the Let's Go! games (I got those for my nieces and 'chibi' doesn't do it for me, personally). The potential (again Souls comparison) "upto four players" thing, I'm less thrilled about.

Probably a language barrier issue, but why do people consider Lechonk funny?

Trailer looks alright I think. The HUD is a huge step back after the elegant designs of Arceus though, that's a bit of a shame. I don't feel strongly about either legendary so I'll probably pick Scarlet for the vamp lady professor.

I think it's difficult to explain why it's funny other than it being a noticeably silly word, more so than other Pokémon names.

Maybe mostly 'chonk' often being an affectionate name for a chubby animal / pet and just unashamedly go there for the name.

Definitely less funny when you explain it.