passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

radiofloyd

I managed to beat what is 'allegedly' one of the hardest bosses in the game last night on my third try. My arcane build is a bit ridiculous now, I found a spell, Swarm of flies, that has good range, stuns the enemy when hit, and on the fourth or fifth hit deals MASSIVE blood loss damage.

I think i'm at a point now where I've cleared up all the necessary weapons, ashes, sorceries and talismans I can before progressing to the end game area. I'm at level 143 now or something ridiculous. I've loved every minute of it, from co-oping catacombs with mates, to hard fought one on one boss fights. The in game clock says i've hit 96 hours, though PSN tells me 86. I really don't want this to end.

I'm not getting bored of the game but I'm getting bored of the boss fights like I talked about last week. Had another boss fight yesterday against some monster Crash Bandicoot looking thing who has the glidiest of glides and the most delayed attacks yet. It's not even hard it's just training myself to wait even longer before pressing circle. 

The other thing is the areas I'm in now everything does so much damage for no reason other than you wouldn't be able to kill me otherwise. Your enemies all fight the same the only thing that makes them dangerous is the damage. 

It's not good game making in my opinion. Kind of cop out game design. 

The exploring, open world, and secrets are super fun though  and this is what keeps me playing (Although I wish the weapons and armour was better. Again being a mage is my fault but there's nothing in this game for me to use).

I honestly think I would enjoy this game a lot more if it were a bit easier. The difficulty doesn't make this rewarding, the exploring and finding things does. The difficulty gets in the way of that. 

I don't think it should be easy but

Last two sentences describes exactly my feelings. I know I can get good enough to stomp some of the bosses but it's not as rewarding here as say, Bloodborne, where you git gud a lot faster and can move on a lot faster

Lookup how to respec maf tho, you're actually very near the point you can do it. Youll have a better time

I think I worked it out. I got a couple of the grey things that says I can redistribute points, I just need to meet someone named Renella.

All I'll be doing is taking all the points out of Faith and putting them in Arcane or the other way around. I like the sound of what @Whiskey_chaser is doing, maybe I go Arcane over Faith. 

Managed to squeeze in an hour or so last night as the missus fell asleep.

I carried on with

Spoiler

Ranni's (and Blaidd's)

quest until the game basically told me I need to go stomp on Redahn before I can continue.

I'd no idea where the cunt was but knew he was somewhere in Caelid. I'd done a bit of exploring here before with the crystal tunnel, finding the meteorite staff and stuff so had quite a few bonfires to choose from to set out in my quest to find Redahn. 

As is usually the case with me though, as soon as I got into Caelid and set off exploring I went 'oo what's this' over to this tower in the distance. I first had to make my way up to the top of it with plenty of platforming around precarious ledges (had to use the horse at some points) and once inside then had to hop from unstable platforms down to the very bottom. Sure enough once down there I found a boss and he absolutely kicked my arse (Godskin Apostle). All my spells did hardly any damage and my ash summon wasn't a lot of use either so after a few tries I gave up in the end and warped out of there to a completely different area of Caelid.

Some more exploring ensued and I'm now at a bonfire next to an ominous looking Castle, so I'm hopefully in the right place.

I found Rahdan almost completely by accident. I knew I had to go to a castle for a festival, but I had no idea what he was or where the quest was heading.

Like you I tend to lose focus and go where the game takes me. So I ended up taking two teleporters, going around the outside of a structure, got stuck in the structure, walked through a golden mist door and they were like ayy you made it to the festival. It was like I did what now? Then some guy way like oh by the way it's a big fuck off boss I was like oh great.

A day in the life of a Red Mage...

Explored: Two caves. I'm guess these were two I missed from early game. As one two-handed sword swipe took two thirds of the bosses health. 

Acquiring two ball bearings that mean now I have access to low level smithing stones from the Roundtable vendor. 

Killed Two Dragons (Limgrave and Liurnia) first try!

Stronger than I thought, I guess?

^ The first 20 seconds of the video told me where I went wrong. Never went in that building in the first place😄

I just followed the path ahead towards Godrick. It never occurred to me there was stuff going the opposite way.

Made some minor progress, a lot of options available to me now. I’ll probably spell the name of every area wrong since I’m too lazy to double check.

Spoiler

After beating Radahn, I continued following the road through Caelid, which led me to the sorcerer who needed the needle. So I took a detour around the swamp, beat the boss there, explored it pretty thoroughly I think. Was invaded by quite a strong NPC, Millicent. The soldiers here drop quite strong heavy armour, so I’d like to get the full set. I’ve been keeping my endurance up so I can equip heavy weapons and armour at a medium equip load (the Arsenal charm helps).

Anyway, after this detour, I gave the sorcerer the needle and continued through the town of Sella on my murdering spree. This eventually led me to a church where I met the NPC who had invaded me in the swamp, and eventually a hidden cave called Sella Hideout or something like that. It has quite a strong trio of enemies at the end. I left them alone for now. Nearby there was one of those horse jump whirlwind things which boosted me to a new area, Greyoll’s Dragonbarren (of course I have been here before when I found the Bestial Sanctuary).

So I have this area to explore, but I’d like to go back to explore Caelid since I’ve largely only explored the main road and the swamp, and especially the road leading out of Siofra’s Well which I haven’t explored at all. It also seems to ultimately lead to Greyoll’s Dragonbarren.

Aside from that, I can continue Ranni’s quest to find Nokron. I can explore The Altus Plateau and Volcano Manor. I have a fourth imbued key which I can use at The Four Belfries to see where that leads. And all the other things that I can’t recall from memory.

Currently level 71 after 67 hours on the in game clock, although my Steam time is 20 hours more than that. Taking out the 10 hours for my corrupted save file, I have no idea where the remaining 10 hour difference comes from.

My level seems much higher than most for some reason reading through this. I’m about level 105 after 60 hours. I haven’t done any grinding at all. I haven’t avoided any fights really either though so maybe that plays into it? 

I'm now at the final boss. Lvl 150 and clocked in about 105 hours (i've spent a while co-oping bosses with people). All the major bosses are down and i've got every trophy except the ending related ones, and the legendary armaments because I missed one that you can new game plus anyway.

I think me and you are at the exact same point @radiofloyd I'm also Level 71, but after 57 hours played (or 46 according to PSN?). I also beat Radahn last night (very easy) and am now off exploring the rest of Caelid for awhile, procrastinating before I eventually have to decide where I actually want to go next as usual lol.

Only managed to catch half the fight, but for those that want to watch me whip Radahn's arse:

Spoiler

I'm also not really sure where to go next, do I carry on with the Witch's questline? Do I go back to the Altus Plateau? I think I'll likely explore Caelid for a bit then carry on with the Witch's questline as that's the most interesting thing going on at the moment for me.

It's kinda hard to know when they expect you to do Caelid at all, it doesn't really naturally progress from anything else

On playthrough 2, which i didnt finish, I figured the idea is just limgrave (stormveil), liurna (manor and academy), caelid (rhadan, and following questline) then plateau, as some of the sidequests naturally follow that path, with occasional spelunking underground in between. But the level of encounters in Caelid seems tuned higher than some of the stuff in plateau, and the game finds lots of reasons to put you there early on when you're too low level. The region sorta feels a bit gimmicky, that way

Yeah, I completely agree, Caelid almost feels like a DLC area they threw in for free but then thought 'oh we better put a mainline boss in here so people don't avoid it'. It's just completely out of sync with the other areas for me, all the others kind of naturally feed into one another and then Caelid's chilling in the East like a bit red pimple. 

2 minutes ago, Maf said:

Ayyy, nice. I don't want to look anything up but give me a clue is it easy to miss trophies, anything notably difficult, etc? 

There's a missable weapon you need for the armaments trophy and there's a boss you can get locked out of if you progress a certain side quest. You need all three endings as well so you have to save scum right after beating the final boss. 

Weirdly, one of the trickiest bits for me was one of the endings which required you to complete the most bullshit of jumping puzzles. I think I died to that more than anything in the game!