passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo Infinite

spatular

2 hours ago, bellow said:

I hope you're going to play the Campaign,

Course I am...that's where I spend most of my time with Halo, Gears is for multiplayer as that's a real mans game.

I've been playing a lot of this, i'm now level 10 and am absolutely loving it. There's a few issues they need to sort - the progression doesn't really bother me. I put a shit load of time into Halo 2 without having to chase xp, but they need to make winning a game more of a reward if they're going down this route. I've had a few games of Oddball where no-one goes for the ball because they're chasing some stupid challenge.

Halo multiplayer (well, two and three at least) has always been one of my favourite online games - the matches are short enough to not out-stay their welcome, there's a good mix of game modes with Big Team offering a vastly different experience to Swat (or ranked as it's known here) and there's a good balance of skill and luck, with just enough crazy stuff going on in each match. The new fiesta mode is good fun as well, random weapon and vehicle spawns that make the game feel more like you're dicking around with mates.

The new weapons take a little bit of getting used to, but there are some good ones in there. Favourite being the skewer, a one-shot rail gun that's immensely satisfying to get a kill with.

been playing the multiplayer quite a bit, generally it's been really good fun, although sometimes annoying because i care about the results more than i should.

the differences between the modes is difficult for me to adapt to, with most game modes having no friendly fire, i've got used to not trying to avoid shooting teammates, but then ranked mode is back to normal halo and has friendly fire. in some ways it's a good change though as it makes team killing harder in most modes.

the bots and join in progress is a good addition for keeping games even - but i don't think this happens in ranked.

the controller settings i wouldn't usually mess with (maybe increase sensitivity a bit) but the defaults here i found it really difficult to use the pistol and snipe, so copied a friends settings and found the pistol better but still not great for sniping, so copied another friends settings, and it seems a bit better still, although not had much chance to try sniping with these settings.

also seen some interesting info about some of the weapons, like the cindershot tracks the reticule when you're holding the aim down sights button, so you can sort of make it shoot round corners. and you can't shoot grenades, which is odd.

they've made some changes to the progression/battle pass stuff already so it's a bit better than it was - i'm still not sure i like this sort of thing, but on a free to play game there's no getting away from it really, hope they can continue to improve it so it only affects the games minimally. on the plus side the rewards are not great so i haven't felt the need to do any of the more annoying stuff to get them.

I've noticed that on "Big Team Battle" especially there's times that your team is quite obviously not playing the objective... the one where you have to collect batteries is especially bad.

It was pure luck to be fair, got it doing the placement matches... you have to hit an enemy with all eight shots, depleting the shield can be with body shots but the killing shot (last one) has to be a headshot. And the enemy can't take damage from any other source.

@Maf

Started the campaign on Heroic, got a little hot under the collar when Master Chief spoke for the first time... now I'm enjoying just how silky smooth this motherfucker is... oh my.😍