passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Saints Row Reboot

Nag

• Nag changed the title to Saints Row Reboot
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I’m really interested in seeing this game be good. I’m not a huge SR fan by any means, though I did enjoy 3 & 4. But this game got quite a negative reaction when it was first shown and I dunno. I sort of want it to prove people wrong? I like SR enough that I want it to come through  

I'm really looking forwards to this for reasons unknown... I think I'm just ready for this type of game at the moment, cars, guns and mayhem... just hope it delivers.

11 minutes ago, mmmark said:

Have we seen any gameplay of this yet?!? The one from August 2021 definitely does not count. 

I've not watched this myself mind....

DF early impressions. Mostly focusing on the tech but the action in this game looks good. The city looks a little boring but the gunplay and things that can be done in the game look good. I like this

Slightly off topic but at the end of the video the guys says for consoles he would like to see either a 4K30 mode or a 4K60 mode with lower settings. Since messing around with PC games this year I actually think resolution is the least important visual target for games. It’s definitely FPS, settings then resolution for me. Have a 4K30 mode by all means but then have a 2K60 mode with all the setting cranked. 

4K image looks great if you can have it but the drop between 4K and 2K is really not that big of a deal, especially if it means you can get some RTX in it

Tbh, rtx gets impacted a lot by lower resolution tho at the same time I never play modern games above 2k and think they look great so I don't exactly disagree either.

Tho I find more and more disappointed by RTX performance on my own hardware and bother with it less and less these days. It's too much right now, too future technology.

Anyway if that is OT I'll just say wrt Saint's Row, I'm not really into what they are showing but mostly cause it's a bit 'how do you do fellow kids' for my liking. Then again so were the old ones, but knowing that it's a bunch of execs trying to come up with designs to appeal to zoomers makes it come across weird or something, I dunno. But again I've always found SR tried a bit too hard so these are empty criticisms I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

A story trailer which doesn’t really give much story.

The Saints are a new gang rising up and beating other rival gangs until they own companies and stupid shit? So the story of the first game 

Still looking forward to this and depending on reviews could get it day 1. I’m really looking forward to this, though I’m not really sure why 

I'll be getting what credit I need at the weekend and pre-ordering it for Tuesday reviews be damned... this genre has been completely barren for years or so it seems.

37 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

I'm quite surprised people are actually interested in this really, everything I've seen of it just doesn't excite me at all.

Yeah but some of the stuff that blows your tits off is really questionable... horses for courses and all that.