passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Abandoned

DisturbedSwan

I dunno dude, it sounds like you're projecting something on the guy there. I haven't heard of him much before he had a show on giantbomb (which I don't watch). In this article here https://www.gamesradar.com/starfield-is-reportedly-aiming-to-launch-in-2021/

It says

He claimed to know a few new details about Bethesda's plans regarding Starfield, claiming the developer will unveil the space-faring RPG later this year at E3 2021, before aiming to towards the end of the year.

Grubb states that Bethesda is targeting a similar marketing cycle to that of Fallout 4. Back at E3 2015, Fallout 4 was officially unveiled to the world for the very first time, with Bethesda revealing that it would launch in just a few month's time, later that year. Fallout 4 ended up launching in November 2015, giving the game less than six months from reveal to release. 

According to Grubb, Starfield is targeting a release date in late 2021. Of course, the journalist states that the only complicating factor is obviously COVID-19, which could absolutely throw Bethesda's best-laid plans completely out of whack, depending on how the rest of this year goes. While Grubb states that the current plan is to launch Starfield in late 2021, this could easily change as the year unfolds.

There's nothing there which suggests that he was adamant that the game would release on that date. When information like this surfaces it can be months old and talking to projections that aren't valid anymore. But relating old news to the public isnt' the same as fake news. Its information you can choose to do what you want with but it's a more solid source than anything we've got currently. You know that everything is a fluid situation now, even seemingly concrete announcements. The assumption also that Bethesda would reveal it close to release isn't a bad one to make either cause that is what they typically do

I bet Starfield was aiming to release on that date and probably a ton of 2022 and 23 games were aiming for 21 also. There's nothing there that's particularly contradictory, unless this is a dislike of the guy's personality (which I've no interest in litigating, he could be a cunt but I don't care tbh)

In any case it's a more reliable track record than this Hasan dude or any of the theories floating around about him. to bring it back to what the subject of this thread is about. Tho this thread is such a weird one that I'd argue all of this is on topic in a weird way cause it's about a conspiracy theory rather than game

Like for an example someone I know on a discrod is the guy who leaked DMC5 on resetera, but a bunch of changes happened between the actual unveilment of that thing. Doesn't mean that the original sources of that info got it wrong, more likely that stuff happened differently close to its unveilment

17 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

There's nothing there which suggests that he was adamant that the game would release on that date. When information like this surfaces it can be months old and talking to projections that aren't valid anymore. But relating old news to the public isn't' the same as fake news. Its information you can choose to do what you want with but it's a more solid source than anything we've got currently. You know that everything is a fluid situation now, even seemingly concrete announcements. The assumption also that Bethesda would reveal it close to release isn't a bad one to make either cause that is what they typically do

I bet Starfield was aiming to release on that date and probably a ton of 2022 and 23 games were aiming for 21 also. There's nothing there that's particularly contradictory, unless this is a dislike of the guy's personality (which I've no interest in litigating, he could be a cunt but I don't care tbh)

In any case it's a more reliable track record than this Hasan dude or any of the theories floating around about him. to bring it back to what the subject of this thread is about. Tho this thread is such a weird one that I'd argue all of this is on topic in a weird way cause it's about a conspiracy theory rather than game

Like for an example someone I know on a discrod is the guy who leaked DMC5 on resetera, but a bunch of changes happened between the actual unveilment of that thing. Doesn't mean that the original sources of that info got it wrong, more likely that stuff happened differently close to its unveilment

From what I've heard and seen there's plenty he was adamant on then quickly changed his story once more sources said something different, he's an arrogant troll who likes to put out spurious rumours in order to keep his name (and website) in the limelight for me. That's my take on him, I'm not a fan, you're of course welcome to your own opinion. I think it's a joke a clown like him was hired by Giant Bomb to be honest, the other folks they got (Lucy, Tamoor) are great in comparison. I never suggested it was fake news, I just suggested folks take it with a huge pinch of salt based on his past record is all. 

I highly doubt it, Pete Hines said just last year that Starfield is a long ways off, it was never a 2021 game, and most likely won't be a 2022 game due to 'rona (just my suspicion there). I don't like the guy, I make no qualms about that, I think he's an absolute cunt. But yeah, his record speaks for itself, in as far as he's got as many hits as misses. 

I was never comparing Grubb to Hasan, that wasn't my intention. I was merely saying the Xbox Kojima rumour should be taken with a huge pinch of salt knowing the source in my view, if folks wanna take it as gospel they can do. But yeah, of course Grubb is more reliable than Hasan, we don't even really know who the guy is or even if he is a real person 100%. 

I think it was fun for me to lean into the conspiracy with this, it didn't do any harm and there was some evidence Kojima was involved, I wanted to believe because I want a new SH no matter who's making it, but if Kojima was at the helm it would almost be guaranteed to be at least good compared to the other options out there.

The eurogamer article was published october 2018, which is a long way off from 2021 or 22 I guess

But look at the stuff posted in the first page of this thread, none of that is evidence. Hex code in javascript resembling someone's name isn't evidence

The other angle to this whole thing btw is the guy behind it has come out and said on an interview that Konami got in touch with him over the SH licence after the fact (his words). Which speaks something to the dude's motivations here I think, imagine what a monkey's paw it would be if as a result of this stuff they actually did do a SH game (and it was atrocious)

56 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

I don't how you much they edited the news but the overall gist of it must be older than that as they're still referring to the Series X as Scarlet.

The article ends “Well thank god, Fallout 76 is releasing next month.” The final time anyone was excited for that game. So September 2018.

3 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

I don't how you much they edited the news but the overall gist of it must be older than that as they're still referring to the Series X as Scarlet.

2 hours ago, mmmark said:

The article ends “Well thank god, Fallout 76 is releasing next month.” The final time anyone was excited for that game. So September 2018.

I saw the article was from September 2020 at the top of the page and didn’t look no further. My bad. 

Perhaps a better source from May 2020. Not definitive by any means.

It’s pretty mad this has turned into the Starfield thread inadvertently and I apologise for taking things off topic with my Grubb semi-rant. 

Saw this the other day: 

I didn't double-check everything but at least the Rewind stuff is reasonably easy to find on kickstarter so yeah, this thing's vaporware. The only remaining mystery is why Sony let their name get attached to this? Considering how hard it can sometimes be for genuine studios to strike a deal with a platform holder it seems odd that they didn't look too deeply into Bluebox.

while I don't think Abandoned is going to end up being anything interesting, as fun as the speculation is, I'm not sure how it's a scam? It's PS5 only isn't it, so they can't sell it in Early Access, they can't take people's money.

also the app is out and has been updated. Updated with a waste of time granted, but I don't think they've just fucked off, Reddit might be being a bit Reddit about it

That said, I do think people would be better off just ignoring Abandoned until it actually comes out

I have no idea what the end goal here is. I mean even if that guy is a sweet talker and can promise you a great indie project at some point people will certainly point to his history and say "nah, we're good". 

What's a bit annoying is that this this piece of vaporware is taking over so many discussions that other projects that came out dring the last weeks might have gotten overlooked as a result. It already happened earlier this year when the fact that Balan Wonderworld is bad was overshadowing Kaze and the Wild Masks, an actual good game that came out on the same day. Imagine if people put this much energy into promoting something real and good is what I'm saying. 

(And yes, I realise I have 5-ish posts or so in this topic)

Hasan did an interview with NME, not taking kindly to the scam accusations

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/abandoned-creator-hasan-kahraman-how-are-we-scammers-3020304

“People are now calling us scammers because they’re like ‘Yeah, you leave an unfinished game and let people pay for it.’ That is the last thing we want to do, that is absolutely not why we’re here in this industry.”

[...]

“I don’t want people to be treated unfairly,” he explained. “Then, at the end, to be labelled as a scammer – that is really painful, and I’m really depressed. I don’t sleep well, I don’t eat well – it really, really bothers me.”

In fact, it’s also having a big impact on Abandoned’s development team, too.

“Team members of Blue Box, and also freelancers we work with, they don’t feel comfortable to show their faces right now,” he revealed. “It’s not fun being labelled as a scammer, right? So, yeah, that’s the reason why people don’t feel comfortable right now showing their faces or even publicly announcing that they’re involved with Abandoned.”

“I’m really depressed right now,” he explained. “I can’t sleep, I can’t eat. The biggest thing that’s bugging me is just that people are labelling us as scammers. That is the big thing that really, really hurts me. Because that is not my intention at all, you know?”

“We’re just here to make games that people enjoy,” he added.

Though I fully expect the internet to take this interview and contrive a reason why it's the next step of this ARG

I guess he might regret this tweet quite a bit now, hard to give benefit of the doubt that he wasn't just baiting the rumours

bG2L0rDA6mXV8fekpjWsefxw8V2q1bKyfHZsimxv

edit NME have more Abandoned stuff for some reason 

https://www.nme.com/features/gaming-features/abandoned-creator-hasan-kahraman-its-not-really-a-horror-game-its-not-what-people-think-3020184

“Abandoned is a shooter/survival game,” he told NME. “It has some horror elements in it but it’s not really a horror game. It’s not what people think – that it’s Silent Hill.”

In fact, we know exactly what it is. Hasan gave us an exclusive rundown of Abandoned including plot details, how it plays – just about everything we could ever want to know.

We can finally debunk those rumours – it’s not a Silent Hill game. It’s not Metal Gear.

[...]

It’s not just Kahraman who has been hyped about Abandoned. Subreddits swirl with conspiracy theories and snippets of info about the game everyone thinks is a Hideo Kojima project.

Kahraman insists that Hideo Kojima is not involved with Abandoned. “No,” he said when asked directly. “No, absolutely not.”

But the man himself hasn’t exactly helped matters.

“A few days ago, Hideo Kojima posted on Twitter a doll of himself where he was zipped on a blue box and he was really vague with it,” said Kahraman.

“Because a lot of people assumed that he was working on our Realtime Experience. This was after the delay, and he said ‘I wanted to change a few frames on the trailer, but everyone stay calm’. I think it was his way of trying to manage the craziness, to keep everyone calm, but other than that, we don’t really work with Kojima.”

Using UE5

“It started with engine issues when we had the patch delay and we couldn’t really resolve that,” he said. “We weren’t alone – we had some other teams working with that so, it got really out of hand. Maybe it’s because we use Unreal Engine 5, which is in early access, which is not really recommended for a project like this. But we did it anyway because we needed the features that it had.”