passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

Maf

@DisturbedSwan sure, if we can.

I should say the lobby system is kinda busted.  Matchmaking is a pain but once you're in the fight is where the good netcode comes in.  I really hope it's improved for release.

In the beta you don't have access to private lobbies so we'd have to agree to meet in a certain lobby.  Just find an EU one without many people seems to be the only way.

17 minutes ago, HandsomeDead said:

@DisturbedSwan sure, if we can.

I should say the lobby system is kinda busted.  Matchmaking is a pain but once you're in the fight is where the good netcode comes in.  I really hope it's improved for release.

In the beta you don't have access to private lobbies so we'd have to agree to meet in a certain lobby.  Just find an EU one without many people seems to be the only way.

Nice one, I’ll give you a shout on PSN a when I’m free ?

Give it a quick go earlier and yeah, I'll never get used to these arc system games. Movement feels so floaty, you need to dash a lot since wak speeds are so slow which I despise in fighting games and it's super hard to see, well, anything. I can't visually follow what's happening, the moment I see a character move they're already in my face and hitting me. It's probably a good game for people who got into this franchise 15 years ago but the ship has sailed for me.

The tutorial was laughably awful btw. "Press buttons to reduce opponent's HP bar to win". I know they always are in fighting games but this one is particularly pointless.

Managed to squeeze in a few games on this last night. Really enjoyed it I must say.

I think my only previous experience with a GG game would of been Xrd Sign or Revelator which I got on PSN ages ago, and even then I think I just played about 10-15 minutes until the end of the tutorial. 

So yeah, this was a really nice surprise. I couldn’t get over how stunning it is on PS5, it’s crazy how good the anime designs look and the backgrounds really pop. 

I didn’t deviate from the guy you play as in the tutorial (Sol Badguy) but he seemed relatively easy to learn compared to how mad some of the others like Faust seem to me. Played online and lost all but 1 match which I was quite chuffed about, really dig how focused on aerial combat it seems, the air dash trying to avoid the enemies’ anti-air and counter feels great when you pull it off. 

Spoiler

F0C10ECE-E037-42DE-A48E-6F222BF7B0E9.jpeg45334EBA-1043-4710-BD47-B1431EB32CC9.jpeg

74696F90-5553-4CE9-A93B-EBD0BC1ACA0F.jpeg

C40CFD06-AB33-444D-B1C9-6088F3FFC996.jpeg

I'm surprised at so many people playing Ramlethal.  She's not easy to use but she turns up all the time.  I don't mind (I think she's actually a matchup in my favour); I'm not super into the GG preferences but is she Best Girl to the weebs or something?  She just seems like a weird character to keep turning up.  She turns up more than GGs Ken and Ryu (Ky and Sol).  I just think that's unusual.

I played quite a bit today too.  I came across a Millia player who was cool and we had about ten matches.  I don't come across many Millias.  They beat the shit out of me at first but we then started having some cool fights which I wish I captured.  Giovanna, who I'm maining and Millia are both rush down characters and it made for some really fun fights.

Fuck, I'm gonna have to get this game.  But it comes out a few weeks after MH Rise and I'm gonna need PS+.  God dammit

So it's been the last day of the beta and this is the matches I decided to capture.  The ones I win.

Sorry, but I get in an emotional state when I lose.  I've lost to some very cool fights, that are more watchable than these but when I lose I just wanna go again or get to the next fight.

I don't want to give the impression I win all the time.  I really don't.

On 21/02/2021 at 22:02, HandsomeDead said:

I'm surprised at so many people playing Ramlethal.  She's not easy to use but she turns up all the time.  I don't mind (I think she's actually a matchup in my favour); I'm not super into the GG preferences but is she Best Girl to the weebs or something?  She just seems like a weird character to keep turning up.  She turns up more than GGs Ken and Ryu (Ky and Sol).  I just think that's unusual.

Fuck, I'm gonna have to get this game.  But it comes out a few weeks after MH Rise and I'm gonna need PS+.  God dammit

She does seem popular for one reason or another, I watched a little bit of Sonic Fox playing this a couple days ago and he was using her and was up against mostly other folks using her as well.

I had so much fun with it I've pre-ordered, it helps it comes out in a nice window where there's nothing much else out, I may still cancel it, but it was just a breath of fresh air.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO you either pick up a fighting game on release or you don't at all, unless you're content with just mashing through some arcade modes or something. Skill growth happens extremely fast in those games and just being a month or two late to the party could mean that everyone's already miles ahead and your playing experience being miserable and frustrating as a result. Particular in more niche games like this.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...