passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time

DisturbedSwan

50 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I feel acti left money on the table by not giving the THPS demo for free.

Yeah I was excited to play that and would have probably gone on to buy it immediately, but when I saw I needed to pre-purchase the game to access it I decided to wait until it goes down in price. Not that I'm sure they're bothered that I didn't buy it yet, it's sold a load anyway.

This guys is playing the press demo on stream

I guess that’s allowed? It’s not taken down.

Looks like they have given Crash a floaty jump instead of the Crash 1 heavy jump according to this guy. That’s good. I said before Crash’s jump was never my favourite. It always felt like some invisible resistance against Crash when just trying to jump forward. Also looks as if now Crash has a double jump? At first I thought it was a power up but then he died and could still do it.

Looks like they’re getting really creative with the levels. 2D sections, slo-mo sections, etc. 

I only watched a bit of it but it’s looking really good. Still one of my most anticipated games of the year. I think this game is going to get overshadowed by everything in November but end up being really awesome. 

Reading impressions of that demo it sounds like people find it really hard. I can see that, the videos linked here looked really hard.

Not sure how into this I am. I kinda got my fix from the remakes and didn't even finish them. I didn't like Crash 1 cause I found it too hard. I also just don't like platformers that much anyway no matter how interesting they might try to be mechanically so not going to jump into this like I did TH I think/

So it's cheaper on PSN then lol.

I played the demo, so that means I bought the game too. I turned off the demo because I really didn't like how much I was dying.

This is based on nothing other than gut feeling but I wonder if this game will do well. I kinda feel Crash trilogy hit the jackpot less because it was a great platformer and more it hit a nostalgia spot with lots of people like me who don't care about platformers that much.

Crash 4 is obviously a good platformer with well thought out ideas but I'm not interested in repeating sections over and over cause I misjudged a jump or forgot the time spell. I think what does it for me with these types of games is there's only one way to proceed and you have to learn it and execute it perfect.

4 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I think what does it for me with these types of games is there's only one way to proceed and you have to learn it and execute it perfect.

Mario says Hi (He said Hi-it’s-a-me but I’m translating)

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

It could just be that Crash has always been a shit platform game? I still don't get the love for Crash.

They’re pretty decent games it’s just the jump is bad. You can work around it but it would be nice not to. The new one looks like it has a double jump so problem solved?