passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

[Rumour/Leak] Resident Evil Rumours

DisturbedSwan

I'm with @one-armed dwarf I think. I feel the same way about the Like a Dragon series at the moment really, I love both franchises but there's just a bit too many of them that it starts to feel like a yearly cash cow like CoD is and AC was back in the day. Once that malaise begins it's like 'urgh another one' rather than 'oh cool another one!' if that makes sense. One a year is too much, two a year (in LaD's case) is definitely too much.

I still haven't got round to playing REmake 4 so a year off from Resi next year wouldn't be a bad thing for me. I do think a Code Veronica or 0 remake would be a smaller project though, so they could put them out.

7 hours ago, Nag said:

After that hot take

🤨Which part was the hot take?

Under the original REmake ethos - 1, 2, 3 and CV (not including the spin offs) were the only ones that should have been remade. Updated for modern hardware/sensibilities.

RE5's original pitch:

Spoiler

The original concept from 2005 up to 2007 presented Chris alone in Africa fighting hordes of enemies of various kinds. By arriving in Kijuju, Chris was forced to get rid of an Uroboros creature as Excella and Irving watch the fight. A night stage involving a fight with group of lickers in a village was removed.

Sounded like a better (read: actual Survival Horror) game than what we got.

36 minutes ago, Nag said:

The half hearted Remake 3 bit... it's tight and it's lean with very little downtime, great game.

But also missing what made RE3 unique to the game it was built from. 

• 2 months later...

I totally forgot that Capcom did a couple of multiplayer Resi games in recent years. They left so little impact.

RE5 Remake is pretty much inevitable. I’d love to see Dino Crisis get some attention. But they didn’t even give that a nod in Exoprimal, so they’ve probably totally forgotten about it.

• 1 month later...