passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

[Rumour/Leak] Resident Evil Rumours

DisturbedSwan

CV is still the only one from the original era that would warrant a tune up. RE4-6 are modern enough for a remake to be redundant. As they would only really require a superficial graphical overhaul, at most. Even in the case of RE6, which any improvements would just be glitter on a turd.

Which Chris redesign is it going to be? Human Chris (CV & REmake 1) 'Roids Man (ala 5 & 6) or the one they just did for RE 7? Surely it can't be another brand new one???

So maybe they are remaking 4 after all

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/resident-evil-4-remake/

I still think it's not a good idea imo, unless they go for completely new canon

Like what if it works in parts of Code Veronica and RE4 together

Re3make spoilers

Spoiler

In RE3make it is hinted that Nemesis is controlled via Las Plagas

?

I suppose if they smashed CV and 4 together that might work. Replace the Chris & Wesker bromance of the second half of CV, with Leon & Ashley's adventures in Europe instead. That would certainly fix the pacing issues of CV. Also might be a way to trim the fat of RE 4, too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

More RE4 Remake Info from Dusk Golem

Resident Evil 4 will be next-gen only, I feel that's okay to say at this point as it's pretty obvious.

It didn't actually start development this year, actually RE4 Remake started development something like two years ago now. Still got more time needed in the oven though as it's a bigger project. Before you ask, yes the Resident Evil development pipeline is surprisingly efficient right now, I know many are questioning how they're spitting these RE games out at this rate.

2022 is if everything goes well, I personally think it may end up in 2023 with Corona slowing development for a while, them taking more time on RE8, and probably making sure it'll satisfy people after some mixed response from fans on RE3 REmake. I think those three factors are going to end up with RE4 taking a bit more time, but we shall see.

On RE Dev sizes:

At this very second even I don't know since I know they've been doing more hires and expanding even this last year. Several though, not all of them are working on RE (one is dedicated to Itsuno's current project for example), but they have quite a pipeline going. It can be larger if you include things like Resistance, which aren't made in-house (mostly) but are part of the current pipeline they have going.

And RE8 has been in dev longer than RE4 has. At this very second it's been in dev for about 3 and a half years.

Probably the craziest period for everyone was 2017, where RE7 Gold Edition (DLC stuff), RE2, RE3, RE8 & DMC5 were all in development at the same time (and the pipeline had a total staff size smaller than it is now).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...