passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gotham Knights

DisturbedSwan

I'm going by half remembered nonsense here but I think Rock Steady's new project shouldn't be here, since the rumoured next Batman game isn't buy them, it was by WB Montreal, but with their whole selling up business fuck knows what is happening to it. 

47 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

depending on what it turns in to, I'll merge the two. I'll keep them separate for now in case 

WB Montreal are developing Batman Court of Owls, Rocksteady apparently are developing Suicide Squad. 

So yeah, different games as far as we know a the moment unless one has been cancelled with WB Games’ current predicament or something.

EDIT: I’ve edited the previous post to make it clearer I was talking about the WB Montreal Batman info from that article and not Rocksteady’s Suicide Squad. 

• 1 month later...

If this really is a next gen Batman game based on the Court of Owls stuff I can’t overstate just how in I am for this. Take the Suicide Squad game and throw it in the trash I do not care. This is what I’m about. 

Also I hope they ditch the continuity from the previous series. Can’t give Rocksteady enough props for creating one of the best, most original, most well thought out superhero video games of all time. Those boys can’t do story though. Every Arkham game in their trilogy has a really, genuinely shit story. Something that I think Origins did really well so if it is those guys doing this another reason to get excited.

Also Court of Owls just has stuff in it that would make for great video game bits and moments

Spoiler

Unbeatable, mysterious bad guy. Big labyrinthine maze. Massive fight from the bottom of Wayne Manor to the top fighting tonnes of unbeatable dudes. Batman gets in a big robot suit. And the nature of the Court and how they hide them selves makes for good, string a long type puzzle and mystery. It ties in to personally because the big bad guy ends up maybe being Bruce’s brother. Also this story
sets up some of the craziest shit Batman has ever gone through so that could work, too if they chose to go that way. 

This game isn’t even announced yet but I could see it. If it is what people seem to think it is it could be amazing. 

Oh, also, if they changed the visual style to go for a less ‘realistic’ look and more like Capullo’s artwork that would be so cool! 

Also put Damien in it. You want to find a way to make Robin popular put Damien in the video game people will eat it up. 

On 15/08/2020 at 02:51, Maf said:

This game isn’t even announced yet but I could see it. If it is what people seem to think it is it could be amazing. 

WB Montreal have been teasing this from Autumn last year, so even though the name hasn't been announced we know it's real.

Tiny little tease for tomorrow’s big reveal

I am so excited for a new Batman game. I’ve been wanting to play a new one for ages without any hype or news, but now we’re close to seeing this game I’m really feeling it. 

Same here, I'm just annoyed that it's a Warner game and will therefore launch with a 60$ Season Pass...

Still, I'm more interested in this than in the Suicide Squad game, because this one seems to be a single player thing at least. What's the timeline for the announcement? The video says "in 24 hours" but I don't know the exact time they uploaded it.

No, it’s a single player game with AI help. Although I expect there to be a multiplayer mode.

The game looks fucking cool. I don’t want to play as Jason, and it’s a shame they gave Robin his worst costume, but getting to play as Nightwing and Batgirl? Fuck, yeah. This game looks super cool.

It leaves a lot of questions up about what the full gameplay experience is like. Is it open world? how multiplayer is it? Why can Robin teleport? How story focused is it? Will there still be puzzle/Metroidvania style bits? It’s hard to say confident I am in the game as a whole but they certainly have my attention with that. I want to play that game. 

I like the art style as well. It looks like the Arkham series in the sense of everyone has complicated armour designs but everything is a slight bit more cartoon looking which I like a lot. 

Hard to say if it’s just that mission but it also seems a bit disorientating and chaotic as well which I like.

Man, I could be in to this. 

Yeah, it's a lot more colourful, they probably want t distance themselves from the trilogy. I'm really happy about the change in characters, the Batman universe is more than Batman and I'm looking forward to playing as Barbara.

Also I hope you'Re right about the AI stuff because during the gameplay segment you could see "Robin joined the game" popping up which is nightmare fuel for me.

Did it? I missed that part. Maybe it’s jump in and out co-op but AI if playing solo? That mission seemed pretty set around Batgirl and Robin talking to each other so there must be a way to compensate for that if playing solo. 

Lots of questions. 

On the previous page is the cinematic trailer, here is the gameplay video 

Even in the thumbnail I’m digging the art direction in this game a lot