passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Centy

I love the single player, it's really well paced. Set aside an afternoon and start it from scratch on Normal and you should come out loving it.

The multiplayer is in a class of its own. Playing any other shooter, I really miss the kill cam, which is very useful for knowing if that spot you thought was well hidden, actually is.

If I'm listening to podcasts or don't want to think then I play Mercenary Team DeathMatch or if I want a more thoughtful game I'll go for Search & Destroy (where you don't respawn). Unlike Ed, I really don't enjoy Headquarters - it's probably the only one I avoid.

The old school mode is pretty cool too - it's like Halo I suppose, much faster paced, very bouncy physics and no classes, just picking up weapons and perks up on the fly.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to get back into Hardcore Team Deathmatch I reckon. I was playing it with a few friends the other day and as Sam said, it's a lot slower paced and far more tense than normal TDM. I was playing a private match the other day, and one of my mates was showing me a bunch of places you can get to with a bit of effort. It was insightful, and I'm going to be using a couple of them if I get the chance. :)

In regards to call of Duty 4, i have to admit after last night shenanigans my involvement for the online play has been rejuvinated. i suppose in recent times i had surprisingly lost interest for the genre and playing fella me lads online. but last night i was dragged screaming and kicking to have a bit of bash in a private game with ed and sibernet, which was decent fun with just the lowly pistol on that damned creek. then low and behold mr hendo and pickle joined and couple of other geezas and things suddenly became interesting. Before we knew it we were having an "old skool" shootabout in a private match, and blimey old reilly it was bloody good fun, death,mayhem.spawning,bitter words,but by god i was alive again, life meant something again. To be honest i had been feeling down ever since les dennis was no longer the force in the entertainment business he should have been, so Call of Duty 4 online felt right! Anyhow, it had been the first time i had battled with the likes of hendo and pickle, and they really are decent and funny chaps. Pickle was not having the best of nights indeed the hatred for sibernet palpable, but i believe alcohol was to blame, that old chesnut! And as the hours flowed we ended up playing sabotage, which went as follows, yes!i have the briefcase, no im dead,wait he has the briefcase, kill him, come team mate do it no your dead, wait i have it no im dead.....maybe potential in this format if a little slow! But on the whole playing with people you know and not having to put up with annoying yankee punks singing about how his father beat him with the stars and stripes, is damned good fun even after all this time playing it. Oh yes!Ed is still that remorseless killing machine with no humanity, what happened to you edward, wheres the humanity gone,why...! Whatever you end up playing you'll always come back to this baby, with a group of friends fun and time flows! Regards to all gamers on the superb MFGamers, just have fun and try not to take things too seriously!

In regards to call of Duty 4, i have to admit after last night shenanigans my involvement for the online play has been rejuvinated.

Good times last night. :D

"I HATE you, Hendo" "I love you, picks!!"

Then we had TopGun's mic being insane and could barely hear him, Ed the mild mannered ruthless killing machine and me and pickled fighting for who could get the longest dying streak.

Also, you may not get experience, but private matches in Killhouse or Shipment are loads of fun and worth doing every now and then.

you'd have thought after a year i may actually have some skill at this game, alas it wasn't to be, i blame booze a little bit, but mainly i'm just shite

i think my best game was no kills and 18 deaths

i hate all of you!!!!

t'was fun though, the just pistols game was an inspired idea too :)

did u mean ghillies in the mist itself or one shot one kill as well?

Ghillies on vertran, i thought was the same as it was onr recruit.

But tht ferris wheel bit on one shot one kill is damn hard on vet.

I ended up hiding in a hut till the plane came.

I died a few times on the ferris wheel bit but i ran over to the dodgems and hid behind them in the trees, set up plenty of explosives and danced around, taking out enemy with my sniper rifle, and if they got too close they were rifled down or stabbed in the face and arse. I think i did it on my fourth attempt.

teh bit thats really fucking me of is 'No Fighting in the War Room'. Ive been stitched up on checkpoints a few times, eg: i havent been getting them. You come out of the vents and then you immedietly come to a dark corridor with a kitchen infront of you and a canteen to your right. I didnt get a checkpoint after doing that. You then have to go through a corridor toward a stairwell, i didnt get a checkpoint there. You then have a nasty fight in a big room with crates and supplies every where, there are corridors to your left and right, both heavily manned, as is the central route, i did that and didnt get a checkpoint and i just thought it was ridiculously hard. This happened four or five times. Then, on a random go i got a checkpoint after the canteen. Then i got another one by the stairwell,then i got one after the the huge supply room. Did this happen to anyone else?

Worst bit ever now, im doing a bit where there are corridors to your left and right, these corridors lead to circular rooms with pillars in the centre, and they in turn lead to similar rooms, all heavily manned. Ive tried about thirty times and have only done it once, got to the part where these double doors really slowly open, then theres a missive fight in a big room after that. And guess what: no checkpoints. I died and im miles back. This games being an arse.

At times like this Illdog... youtube is your friend!

Its how i got past the ferris wheel bit... although i did cheat and hide back in a corridoor as well as i kept dying by the dogems.

Bastard for breezing through that bit.

Best fucking game i have ever played though i think. The single player is just SO rewarding and well thought out. Can't wait to play 5. Hope it holds up.

Four player co-op says it should.

5 hours... :(

5 hours doing that same damn bit. Ive set the charges and blown the wall, but i only had 12 seconds to clear the room, no way i could do it. And no fucking checkpoints! Is that right?

EDIT: Ive just watched a video (on Oli's suggestion) on youtube and there's a checkpoint!!! A fucking checkpoint after you blow the wall! WTFFFFFFFUK?? This is killing me man, honestly. Maybe its due to time, maybe the game knows i havent got long enough to complete the objectiveand wont save it? Fucking load of shit. 5 fucking hours. An you know what? Captain Price is a cunt. A stupid getting in my way cunt. I rekon half my deaths are cos he gets in my way, the rest are shared between random crap and the run command not working. Seriously fucking pissed of now, i knew there should have been a checkpoint. Cunt.

EDIT EDIT: I checked the internets, its time. Fuck off time, you suck.

Ooorah! Finally beat that fucking level last night after starting it again and i pissed all over it (well, in an hour). Beat the rest of the game aswell, the last level is epic. Beat the Training level record and shot down a chopper with an RPG before work this morning, then its going through on easy to clear up the bits i missed (i definatley saved that bloody farmer) and get all the intel. Then Mile High... :(

The story of my life! I only live a five min car journey from work but i'm late pretty much everyday. Thing is now, i always park at the back and slip in the side door.

It is dedication to gaming when you get up at, whatever time ill rises,just to play some games.

I do a bit of pre-morning gaming too and love that illdog is on there so i don't feel like a loser getting up a couple of hours early to play.

So i got a question about COD custom slots.

WHAT ARE THE BEST LOADOUTS??:

I am crap at chosing stuff like this and am pretty much playing with the defaults at the moment.

... So what perks and stuff do you guys prefer and why?

Thanks