passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Centy

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers man, i actually really enjoyed Mile High on Veteran, its pretty tense.

On the final sprint down the corridor toward the double doors where the hostage is being kept, there's one guy who seems to randomly appear either immediately as you come round the corner into said corridor or he's a little further down the corridor itself. Anyways, the time i did it he was a little further down the corridor and even tho i was expecting him, when i saw him, i absolutely shit myself. Even tho i had plenty of time to shoot him i didnt, my brain wasnt working, i just kept running untill i was right next to him - all i could think of was STAB STAB STAB! I suppose i was lucky he didnt shoot me with his perfect computer controlled skils, but anyways, he died at my knife. Its wierd innit?

As for intel, im burning through on recruit, only 7 more to go. w00t.

On the final sprint down the corridor toward the double doors where the hostage is being kept, there's one guy who seems to randomly appear either immediately as you come round the corner into said corridor or he's a little further down the corridor itself. Anyways, the time i did it he was a little further down the corridor and even tho i was expecting him, when i saw him, i absolutely shit myself. Even tho i had plenty of time to shoot him i didnt, my brain wasnt working, i just kept running untill i was right next to him - all i could think of was STAB STAB STAB! I suppose i was lucky he didnt shoot me with his perfect computer controlled skils, but anyways, he died at my knife. Its wierd innit?

This same thing happens to me on Multiplayer aaaall the time, some guy will pop out of nowhere and i will just panic and try to knife rush him down, the killcam makes for funny viewing.

I played some Hardcore Team Deathmatch tonight with sibernet and alexik72, and you know what? It's not full of idiots cursing and trying to sing at you, or just generally being total cocks. There's actual tactical or friendly chat, and it's just a whole lot more respectful. The games I played in tonight were so refreshing, I know what mode I'll be putting my time into from now on.

And on that note, I've created a new class to go with the Hardcore TDM:

• MP5 + Silencer
  • M9 + Silencer
  • Undecided on special grenade yet
  • Claymores
  • UAV Jammer
  • Steady Aim (or Extreme Conditioning, not 100% decided yet)

Stealth FTW, although it's taking a bit of getting used to without my red dot sight.

No need for stopping power on hardcore, as shot power is increased anyway. Unless they have Juggernaut, I guess.

the last time i played hardcore team deathmatch it all went horribly wrong, i forgot friendly fire was on, had martyrdom set up on everything and killed my own team mates about a million times, my headset wasn't working so i couldn't apologise, then everyone started team killing me and then i got kicked, not fun

but yeah it is enjoyable, when you're not being team killed for being a muppet :)

• 2 months later...

Random stats

Robert Bowling, Community Manager for Infinity Ward, on his own blog recently posted up some stats that the coders at Infinity Ward managed to uncover regarding Call of Duty 4 ... and they truly are impressive. Rather than babble on, I'll let the stats do the talking for themselves.

"71.1%, or 7,111,508 people have completed F.N.G.

That’s more than the entire population of Hong Kong (which is 7 Million).

68.8%, or 6,886,509 people have completed Cargo Ship.

This is the same number of adults in the US who were morbidly obese in 2005.

46.5%, or 5,654,643 people have beaten the game on any difficulty.

This is more than the current population of Finland!

2.8%, or 283,632 people have completed Airplane on Veteran difficulty.

The population of Stockton, CA is 280,000."

• 3 weeks later...

I played some private matches this evening with Hendo, alexik72, and sibernet. It was the first time I've played CoD4 since World at War was released, and it was good to go back to it! We were playing mainly on the smaller maps as it was just the four of us. Shipment and Killhouse being two favourites.

I'd love for us to get some larger private matches going. We tried a bit of old school mode which is great to just jump in to, and then we were using pistols only for a few games. It's laugh a second fun and we really should play more with more people.

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw Robert Bowling's Twitter point to this:

Starting Tuesday Feb. 24th, the Variety Map Pack will become %50 off for those of you who still need to pick it up, leading up to the promotion, I’ll also be giving out tokens to download it for free on Twitter. When the last weekend of Feb. hits, starting Friday Feb. 27th and going until Monday morning, we’ll be flipping the ol’ mighty Double XP switch one more time!

That’s not all though, I plan on pulling an All-nighter on Friday the 27th in my attempt to finally reach Level 55 10th Prestige, and I want you guys to help get me there. To do that, we’ll be adding a new playlist to the rotation. The HARDCORE HEADQUARTERS playlist will be added on Friday 27th along with Double XP for the most XP heavy sessions you will ever see. Who’s down for a little Hardcore Headquarters on Shipment?! Carnage will ensue.

The 50% off Map Pack, Hardcore Headquarters playlist and Double XP includes Xbox Live and Playstation Network!

Anyone and everyone can participate, no sign-up, no anything. Just pop in the game on Friday the 27th and play. We’ll handle the rest.

I don’t know, I have a gut feeling that 10th Prestige is a good place to be…

http://www.fourzerotwo.com/2009/02/17/big-...rting-feb-27th/

Awesome, if I have my 360. I 've always wanted to try Hardcore Headquarters.

Quoting fourzertwo's Twitter:

Just to clarify - Double XP applies to ALL playlist, new and old. Starts Fri and goes till Monday for PSN and Xbox Live. See you guys online

I'll be on this on Friday night, I want to try out Hardcore Headquarters.

do you think maybe being 10th prestige in cod4 carries something over to MW2? that would be cool, especially as it always seemed a bit stupid that there wasnt any real reward for maxing out the prestiges. if that is what theyre doing though, it had better be detailed well before the release of mw2 so i know whether its worth getting my gold cross