passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Baldur's Gate 3

DisturbedSwan

Well I remember this:

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-seemed-to-really-underestimate-baldurs-gate-3-but-larian-says-so-did-everyone-else

That surfaced today as part of the latest massive leak of documents from June's Microsoft vs. FTC trial, which included an email chain published in May 2022 between multiple Microsoft executives that focused on Microsoft scrambling to fill a "huge hole" in its 2022 games lineup. The email chain included a list of potential third-party games to add to its subscription service Game Pass, all of which were slated to be released throughout the 2023 financial year.

One of those was Baldur's Gate 3 which, under the "Notes" column for Baldur's Gate 3, was dubbed a "second-run Stadia PC RPG." The list also rated Baldur's Gate 3's "Wow Factor" as "Hub," but it remains unclear what that means, though it is important to note other games on that list, including Return to Monkey Island, also received that rating.

I think I remember around this leaked them also saying MS could have got a good deal on BG3 since it's success also surprised Larien.

So oops.  But it would be worth going back cap in hand with a bigger cheque.

PC version seems a bit of a dud, you get a DVD which requires an internet connection

Then again, nobody even has a DVD drive on their PC now, let alone blu ray

While it looks cool, it lacks a meaty manual that the first 2 games had. I think that makes it kinda an underwhelming package, the manual in the first two is just super useful to learn the rules of DnD in general. It's obviously much more valuable than some stickers

If you fancy a bit of retro BG Enhanced Edition then you could do worse than this CE reduced to £25 (+p&p) - and it comes with a spiral-bound copy of the official Baldur's Gate Adventurer's Guide with updated rules and mechanics.

The site is reputable - it's the clearance arm of Gameslore online boardgame shop - I've bought boardgames from the site (and their main site) with no issues - and the owner, Paul Bryant, is active on the BGT&C UK Facebook group.

https://www.bggbasement.com/games/PR-Baldurs-Gate-Enhanced-Edition-Siege-Of-Dragonspear-Collectors-Edition.html#SID=1

Screenshot_20231117-111018.png

Yeah, the manual in that edition, I used the PDF that comes with the steam version to figure the rules out. You have to in that game, cause the in-game tutorial is so sparse

BGIII is better in that regard, but it still has an issue where it's very fragmented cause it's mostly via tooltips. It's also fun to just read the lore entries in the manual, helps immerse you in your choice of race and class

• 3 weeks later...