passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Baldur's Gate 3

DisturbedSwan

imo it really depends on how much it intrudes on the experience

Ultimately this is a game where you spend ages picking your next turn, after all

Also I don't think any of the reviews are based on the ps5 version anyway so it's a moot point, it's not getting a pass so much as it's been completely passed by. EDGE reviewed it on PC

A lot of Playstation centric sites have reviews up @one-armed dwarf.... not sure if it's changed but yesterday the metacritic score was actually a point higher than the PC.

I've seen a few places mention badly fluctuating fps with VRR being no help as it strays below its fresh hold.

Anyway, this is just me griping about performance being skipped over for certain developers/games again... I need to get off this hill at some point.😂

I wonder then how many of those reviews are actually based on the PS version, given the size of the game and its availability on PC for a month.

Like, one of the outlets is 'pcgaming.de' 🤔

Suspect not that many of them have actually tested act 3 on PS5. Some of them read more like early impressions of the game experience on PS, which IMO should not really be submitted as reviews if they are based more on PC than PS but that's a whole other hill to die on I guess.

edit I might double dip and check it on PS, I'm sort of curious. I have an act 3 save I downloaded which can be linked across to PS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think it actually sold that well on Playstation, seems like it didn't repeat the megaton sales success there as it did on PC. It would be a good candidate for a gamepass game if they managed to find an agreeable deal. I'm not that sure that console audiences are really as receptive to this kind of game, unfortunately, but BG3 is a good way to onboard onto them

That said who knows, people really liked Dragon Age.