passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

A Plague Tale: Innocence

DisturbedSwan

You've played it already though, wouldn't something new be more interesting?

It's also coming to the Switch btw. as a Cloud version. No idea if people actually "buy" these or if it's just barely any effort to put them there but they keep doing it for some reason. But I suppose a bigger audience for this is always a good thing.

• 4 months later...

Started this last night with a good few hours put in. It's pretty good, if rather rote up to now, relying on  presentation and atmosphere rather than anything new in the gameplay department. I worry if I'm going to finish it because I can see it just continuing in this vein, only just with advancing difficulty. Like, I can't see this girl becoming a mad stealth, time twisting monster like Corvo (I wish). Although, to be fair, she's not bad with a catapult.

Yeah, I'm not sure this is for me. I was a bit worried to be playing stealth game with no manual save to begin with - hate having to listen to dialogue and do easy bits just to keep failing at the hard bits. Stupid design for stealth games (and all games to be honest). And from glancing thru this thread it appears that that gets worse as the game goes on. And what's with those accents? Who was the vocal coach on this, feckin Dick van Dyke.

I can see that it's great. Maybe I'm just not in the mood to be annoyed by a dev decision to withhold standard gameplay options for a game of this kind. And I'm coming from concurrent playthrus of two of my favourite games, mass effect 2 and Sleeping dogs, so that's not helping.

Gears 5 it is, then.😀

I really don't see a drop in quality over the course of its runtime. The first hour or so is arguably the best part but most games are more interesting in the early hours than later on. It's just the mix of exploring a new setting and learning the mechanics that's more enjoyable than just going through the motions 10-15 hours later IMO. But overall this is a very consistent game and only the finale feels a bit out of place.

• 10 months later...

I’ve been playing this finally. Think I’ve got the last 2 chapters to go. This game is great! It’s very simple. I wouldn’t say it’s automatic or quite plays itself, but it’s not that far away. However it makes it a really relaxing, nice smooth game. Which is ironic considering it’s about a supernatural plague and being hunted by medieval soldiers. Also are they English, French, Spanish, Italian? I have no idea. Either way this game is very enjoyable. Glad I finally got to it.

On Xbox it seems to run at 120fps as well? Or at least it’s supposed to. The couple of times I checked the counter it’s probably more around 90 but that’s pretty good. The only thing I don’t like about it is that in bright areas it’s so washed out. I played with both the brightness settings on the TV and in game and I can’t find a solution. I think it just looks like that.

But that aside, it’s a really cool game. Should finish it this afternoon and now I’llbe ready for the sequel in October. 

4 hours ago, Maf said:

Also are they English, French, Spanish, Italian? I have no idea.

French I believe. Glad you’re enjoying it, I never thought it was amazing or anything but for a first attempt at a franchise by an unknown dev they smashed it out the park, can’t wait for the sequel too.