passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DC Cinematic Universe

DisturbedSwan

The Wonder Woman trailer is phenomenal, it's almost like a little music video. I wish they had taken out all the dialogue after the Steve scene at the gala, would have been even better.

Funny how this blows the Black Widow trailer completely out of the water. When was the last time DC went head-to-head with Marvel and actually won?

Really looking forward to this, you can see the same people are still in charge that made the first movie so good.

2 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

Funny how this blows the Black Widow trailer completely out of the water. When was the last time DC went head-to-head with Marvel and actually won?

Really looking forward to this, you can see the same people are still in charge that made the first movie so good.

I don't really get why you're comparing them to be honest, just because they're both Female characters they are very different. Also they're just trailers really. 

Both were great for me though.

9 minutes ago, Blakey said:

I don't really get why you're comparing them

They came out more or less at the same time, they feature the "first lady" of Marvel and DC respectively and they're only weeks apart next year in cinema. If it already triggers you when I compare the trailers I strongly suggest avoiding the internet between May and July 2020 because there will be a lot of head-to-head reviews about those movies when the time comes. Even if they obviously have a very different tone.

And of course it's just trailers. However, Black Widow to me looks like very standard Marvel stuff à la "alright, let's just do another one I guess". WW looks positively fresh.

Fair enough @Maryokutai. I wasn’t ‘triggered’ at all though, they’re just very different characters in my mind (1 a demigoddess, 1 only a human assassin). 1 is Dr Manhattan and one is Sister Night if you will.

I do get that they will be compared though because fans will be fans, their trailers came out at similar times and they both come out early next year.

I love some DC stuff and I love a lot of Marvel stuff, I’m hoping both films are great. 

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed @OCH DeVito's portrayal of Penguin was spot on.

Also I completely forgot until yesterday that Doom Patrol had started streaming on StarzPlay through Amazon in the UK for those interested. I may of mentioned it before or not but Pennyworth is already on there. 

I watched more Titans last night and as much as I think the show starts terrible, it gets incrementally better. Never good but a bit better.

However episode 6 stands alone because it is amazing. 

Spoiler

It’s where they bring Superboy in to it and honestly some of the best Superman style action to be found in a TV show

All 13 episodes finished give or take falling asleep and fast forwarding through parts. What absolute fucking shit. What a bunch of sucky ass fucking shit

Spoiler

Right in the last 5 minutes Wonder Girl dies from some random fucking accident. A big electric tower falls, she runs over to grab it, and then gets electrocuted to death. It is so funny. Why didn’t she just put it down? Lol

They wear masks but constantly show their face in public, they’re supposed to be young 20 year old-ish sidekicks all grown up and finding them selves but most of them look like they’re at least 40. Hawk and Dove’s costume is just terrible. I hope them actors are getting paid good money because they look so fucking stupid. They constantly kill people and are like “Man, it’s all right we all make mistakes”. Even when they’re still in the crowd of people one of them was killing they’re still like “Man, you can’t be so hard on your self. You’re good on the inside”. But at another time one character reveals they are responsible for the death of one guy and the whole team departs for like half the show. Their choice for Bruce Wayne in this is just...who the, what the, why the fuck. At one point he does the Bat dance from the old 60’s show. I don’t know whether it gets points for that or not. They are always talking about the world needs the Titans but they never do anything lol. One time at the beginning 5 of them stop one car full of bad guys. 5 of them! They’re supposed to be a superhero team protecting the city and it took 5 of them, 2 of which have legit super powers, one of them is Robin, and the other two...well the other 2 are Hawk and Dove and they suck but there is still 3 superheroes to stop one car. And they all look absolutely ridiculous because this show, for whatever reason, seems adamant to have a grounded, dark, realistic type tone and setting and then put this in it 

Hawk-Faux-Hawk-Titans-Warner-Brothers-2.

It’s just awful. It’s just so supremely bad. I’m laughing so much writing this show IS TERRIBLE lol. And it got renewed for season 3. Bring it on I’m down for more of this ridiculously silly ass nonsense. 

It is irredeemable lol