• The Suicide Squad - 19:55
  • Surprise Panel - 21:45
  • The Snyder Cut of Justice League - 22:30
  • Black Adam - 23:10

August 23rd

• Shazam! - 00:40
  • The Batman - 01:30

All times are in BST.

It’s the absolute no priority for protecting lives while Superman tries to beat another Superman in a punching contest, which he knows he can’t do. If he was going to kill him he should of done it instantly. Instead he lets 100 9/11’s happen then makes out with his girlfriend on top a pile of corpses like a rockstar. 

In a Superman movie. 

It’s not that there isn’t an appetite for huge destruction in movies. Some movies whole shtick is built around the end of the world and cities being torn apart. 2012, Independence Day, etc. But the level of catastrophe in Man of Steel is just a really bad fit. He’s Superman. That’s the type of shit even Wolverine looks at and says that’s too much murder for me. 

I think there is potential there to tell a story where Superman has a Gwen Stacey moment. Where he absolutely fails to do what he is supposed to do. But maybe not in his first act of super heroism and then in the next movie build statues of him like he did a good job. It’s so backwards.

Not to make it a competition but I like the way Avengers do it. In Age of Ultron a city is about to drop on earth like an asteroid and Cap is like “We don’t leave until we save everyone” I love that.

It’s why the MCU has so much success and when you get to things like Endgame all the character stuff pays off in big ways. Because you know these characters are heroic through and through and you want them to win. Even when it gets dark it’s a good feeling you get when Cap stands there and readjusts his shield against a army he can’t possibly win against. It’s like, yeah, that’s the guy.

MoS never gets any of that. It’s such a cynical, largely thoughtless, movie that understands what a superhero movie looks like but doesn’t understand why Superhero movies are fun. Double so for Batman v Superman. 

The DCU understands darkness but for me it doesn’t understand superheroes at all. At least Synder’s trilogy. I think things have changed since then. 

I'm so refusing to watch anything about Wonder Woman because that movie should have been out for two months already. So whatever they're showing now will obviously be too much because they're just pulling it out of their butt to stretch their marketing campaign until October.

Yikes I don’t like the Batman trailer at all. Why are they using clips and voice overs from other Batman movies? ?

Is this because COVID has hurt the the schedule and they need to fill 2 minutes, a stylistic thing for the trailer, or they actually using that stuff in the movie? Odd. Very, very odd. 

Also Bruce Wayne says “Fuck” how mature and dark ? 

The guy is also way too skinny to be Batman. It isn’t a body image thing, it is part of the character that he trains himself to the peak of his physical ability. He doesn’t need to look like Affleck did you can’t expect that from everybody but c’mon, man. The guy looks like a twig. 

And the leather cowl still looks garbage. 

Snyder Cut official trailer 

Snyder clearly loves that Hallelujah song because he used it in Watchmen, too (Underrated film). 

It still looks bad costume and colour wise but I still really want to see this. Even if not a big fan of MoS or BvS let’s see how it was supposed to end. 

The Batman is probably not going to be a Batman movie anyway, it's going to be a weirdo art film that uses Batman stuff for something else.

I would not be surprised if we saw 70% of the action in that trailer already. 

edit wait the comments say that trailer is fanmade. lol

I think those scenes with Rob Pattinson are from Underworld, the Don Delillo adaptation

edit 2 Cosmopolis rather https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmopolis_(film)

6 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

edit wait the comments say that trailer is fanmade. lol

I read that too but how would it work? It's not like the footage is out there.

It certainly looks fanmade though. Jesus, such a bad trailer. Would definitely not watch going from that alone.

Yeah, that fooled me completely. I was wondering why they was using scenes from old Batman films. Here’s the real one

Much better. Now this is my type of film. Using the Riddler as well. Nice refresh from all things Joker all the time. 

I’m not saying he’s a bad actor I’ve never seen him in anything. I’m saying he is too skinny to be Batman. In the real trailer he certainly looks a lot better, but still a bit on the skinny side to me.