passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Hendo

3 hours ago, Middle_Class_Hero said:

After unlocking seemingly hoards of those Fire Emblem back fillers, I’ve finally got Bayonetta.

Once I’ve unlocked Olimar, it’s endgame as far as I’m concerned.

I do find it weird how much of the Smash roster has been filled out with Fire Emblem since Melee. Roy (and Marth, I suppose) were enough. The series prominence hasn't grown that much in recent times as to outnumber Zelda, Starfox and Metroid in Smash.

34 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

Simple easy fighters to transition. I agree there's too many tho. 

Swapping some of them out for Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) Saki and Airan (Sin and Punishment) and/or Goemon & Co from Mystical Ninja would have added so much more to Smash over 'Fantasy Generics'. Hell, even using some of those Beast People from the Gamecube Fire Emblem titles would have given the FE roster something extra.

Yeah, I think that’s extremely likely. Isn’t there a new No More Heroes game on the horizon as well? If so, timing wise it makes sense as well. 

If there’s going to be more sword wieldy characters, this little lady gets my vote:

98F8EAB0-C274-426A-A02F-FCA2AAE452D8.jpeg

Might go some way to relieving my disappointment about Shovel Knight being just an assist trophy ?

Just now, Middle_Class_Hero said:

Might go some way to relieving my disappointment about Shovel Knight being just an assist trophy ?

Like how I felt when I saw Bomberman and the Goldensun kids remain as assist trophies... :fist:

Think there’s a lot of pressure from the community for them to make Waluigi one of the DLC characters.

If this happens it would involve them upgrading him from an assist trophy to a member of the roster. So who knows, maybe the same could happen to Shovel Knight/Bomberman/Goldensun fellows ?

11 minutes ago, Maf said:

But Bomberman sucks. Being an assist trophy is about where he should be

You suck.

He makes More sense than something like Game n Watch or Wii Fit trainer and those work. So it's not that big a stretch. Punch kick attacks and work in the powerups. Bingo bango. 

Oh, I never realised it was that simple

Wii Fit trainer and Game & Watch Guy, as boring as they are, are definitively Nintendo and apart of the history so they deserve a spot over Bomberman

Frankly how tight Nintendo and Bethesda have got lately I think Doom Guy should be one of the DLC characters

19 minutes ago, Maf said:

Wii Fit trainer and Game & Watch Guy, as boring as they are, are definitively Nintendo and apart of the history so they deserve a spot over Bomberman

It's not an either or. Bomberman can be mentioned as much as any other non Nintendo character. But, it's not happened. So that is that ?

Rayman is a decent shout.