passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

A friend of mine had a Jaguar when I was a kid and the only game I ever played on it was a Bubsy game

I think it’s fair to say it didn’t sell me on the system 

You never really know what you get with these things but based on the pictures, the console seems in pristine condition so at least on surface level you could make the assumption that the guy takes care of his stuff and that the modding work is similarly clean.

Would I bet 200 bucks on it though? Not sure. But I'm also not big into the modding stuff anyway.

200 is chump change for @Maf though... especially with all that money he's been embezzling by doing the bank run on his own for months.

It’s not embezzlement. I just authorised the decision to give myself performance based bonus for the brilliant service I provide at work 

1 hour ago, Maf said:

*Checks notes if following advice from mortal nemesis is a good idea*

Being someone's mortal nemesis is quite the achievement for me, even if it is only you who considers me as such.

Firstly, I’m sure it’s not only me that considers you a mortal nemesis

Secondly, you are not my only mortal nemesis, so don’t think too highly of yourself

You are on the list alongside one of my next door neighbours, a dog I know, Mr Motivator, and anyone who rides a moped 

You shuddup as well. Where’s the thread where you asked to be called something I will not repeat 

I only asked about a Dreamcast and this is what I get 😭

No, not yet. Not sure what the upside to this as oppose to just emulating. 

I guess the fun of playing it on “original” hardware. But is that worth £220? 

To me it's like the difference between seeing a film in the cinema or on blu ray versus streaming. It's kinda a question for the purists of the medium, really. The difference is probably not that worth it, unless you really care deeply about seeing these games in their proper resolution, displayed on their proper screen technology and keeping all of their hardware-specific qualities and imperfections.

Like I play a lot of PS2 games on an emulator with CRT shaders. But it's not the same, really, and sometimes it takes you out of it when a sound effects is wrong

Late to this conversation (and the flirtations of Maf and Regemond), but to throw my hat into the ring: Don't bother. 

1. £220 doesn't even get you at least one controller now?

2. The Dreamcast controllers are horrendous (especially the D-Pad) 

3. Do yourself a favour and emulate instead.