passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Batman: Arkham Knight

DisturbedSwan

Also fuck the start of the Man-Bat missions... It almost made me jump out of my chair...

Yeah, I did exactly the same :lol:

Played another 3 hours or so again of this today, now upto 17 hours played in total.

Still really enjoying it I must say, there's a nice ebb and flow to the gameplay, and the city actually feels alive this time, something I felt sorely lacking from AC.

Did a load of the side-missions today, really enjoying them, they're really cool this time around and have sufficiently diverted my interest from the main-story missions, don't think I'm going to bother collecting too many of the Riddler trophies still but all the side-missions I hope to complete, at about 50% completion overrall at the moment and have already spent more time in AK than I did in AC, just streamlined right through the story missions in AC as none of the side-stuff really held my interest for long and I got bored after a while, but there's something about this world, about the Gotham and about Batman himself in AK that keeps me much more invested in the story and exploring the city itself, still loving the Batmobile stuff too, varies gameplay up so nicely and doesn't feel like you're doing the same things over and over again in the main-missions like I felt in AC and AO.

Had an absolute butt-load of upgrade points available as well (54) so spent a lot and have got a pretty beefy Batman now with almost a full range of abilities and full health/damage protection from melee and firearms, also upgraded the Batmobile weapons for the multiple Drones and Cobras I expect I'll fact later on.

Still early days. But I'm liking this a lot.

I think this might be the first PS4 game where I've thought that there's absolutely no fucking way they could of made of this for last gen.

It's looks amazing but what I like more is slick gameplay to cutscene to different type of gameplay to cutscene then back to gameplay type thing all in one shot, no breaks. It's ace.

I struggled with the Batmobile at first too but once I change the trigger set up it became much easier. I like how it's used as a part of the environment puzzles instead of just a car you drive around. It's actually had some thought put into it. Tank mode was fun enough so far too.

What is bumming me out though is Batman's dialogue and character. It's really bad so far compared to everyone else's. The broken bone thing early on really rubbed me the wrong way. :( Batman is a dick but not in a way like that. Hopefully it improves.

This game makes you feel badass even when you not playing it properly..

I've barely played either console since December, last turned my XB1 on in January, and the last time I used my PS4 was last month just to play through the latest Telltale GoT episode, the only killer app for either console is Bloodborne really, guess if you're not into Souls games there isn't any really yet I suppose.

Ha! I bought it on PS4 originally, but my PS4 is unbearably noisy so I sold the game to a friend and picked it up on Xbox One. I have to say I'm having a much better time with it, and feel more at home as I played the first two on 360. Looks identical to me, too.

Also, I think I'm enjoying the game a lot more than most in this thread. It's bloody ace.

It's a great looking game don't get me wrong, but there have been numerous games on current-gen that wouldn't be possible on last-gen systems ;)

I think saying numerous games is pushing it. A hand full possibly, if even that.

But hang on... they did do this better last generation. The PS4 really hasn't justified itself to me, yet.

I wasn't on about gameplay or anything like that. I was on about the visuals and tech.

The only 2 games on current consoles that have impressed me with that is Second Son and this. (I haven't played Witcher3 yet.)

It's a great looking game don't get me wrong, but there have been numerous games on current-gen that wouldn't be possible on last-gen systems ;)

I think saying numerous games is pushing it. A hand full possibly, if even that.

I can think of inFamous:SS, Ryse:Son of Rome, Killzone:SF, The Order 1886, The Witcher 3, Bloodborne (and Batman:AK of course) off the top of my head, maybe numerous was a slight overstatement, but there's been a few anyway, it's all semantics anyway I guess, but I've been wowed by graphics quite a few times this gen already personally :)

Back to Batman:AK, spent another 3 hours on it earlier today, 26 hours total.

Done all the side missions that were available, did all the VR missions that were available and then continued on with the main story missions, upto about 80% completion overrall now and I can tell the story's not far from finishing, it's been good but hasn't particularly wowed me much the last 6 hours or so, I find I enjoy the side-missions a lot more, never really bothered with them in AC as I was just so bored of the game 13 hours or so in that I made a bee-line for the finish, did the Investigations in AO and they were great but that's about it, but the side-missions in AK are on a whole other level, they each feel like little intricate side-stories with varied activities involved that all relate to Batmans past and his relationships with certain villains.

Story missions I played never really showed much new, there were a few twists and turns which obviously I won't go into, but I was never particularly blown away by them, the over-abundance of the stealth tanks gets right on my tits as well.

So yeah, finished most of the side-missions now, just got to play some more of the story until I unlock more Towers/checkpoints/road bombs to difuse/liberate and then I would've pretty much finished them all apart from the Riddler ones as you need to collect all the trophies to finish off that quest-line and I just don't know if I can be arsed.

So, yeah, will probably finish off the story tomorrow.

Press right on the D-Pad to bring up your mission screen, the ! is always the main-story missions.

In the firemen side-mission, you have to fly/glide around and spot them yourself (or use a guide of course) once you get close enough to one a marker will pop up showing you his location.

Can somebody help me understand this game a bit please. At the very begining once it asks you to select a mission the first thing I did was rescue a fireman. After that the ! marker disappears and there's one more to find on the opening island (according to the mission menu) but no marker. How am I supposed to locate the poor fella? I thought maybe it was pushing me to do all 4 mission types first but I have now and still none the wiser.

The thing with a bunch of the side-missions that I've found is they only show up markers if you've been in the vicinity of a fireman, or a murder victim, or a mine (say, if you were between waypoints on another mission) and then it will add it to a waypoint for when you come back to select it. Sometimes they seem to give sympathy markers if you haven't managed to find one in a while.

It's a pretty vague system, for better or worse.

Finished this earlier.

96.7% completion percentage, 31 hours, 30 minutes played in total.

Did absolutely everything in the game there was to do apart from the Riddler Trophies and VR challenges.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself I must say, although, how entrenched the Batmobile is into the gameplay is probably going to be an irksome point for a lot of people, but I grew to really like the it, the only sections I out-right hated in it were the Cobra tank sections, whoever thought 'stealth tanks' would be a good idea, no, just no.

But yeah, the rest of the Batmobile stuff feels pretty cool and freshens up the gameplay quite a bit, no longer are you going from a room stalking a load of dudes on gargoyles to a room where you drop down and do the combo bashing shit ad nauseum, it freshens things up quite a bit and rarely feels shoehorned in, the levels seem to be designed around the Batmobile, and it doesn't feel shoehorned in at all.

Liked the story a whole load more than Arkham City, although I don't think it sufficiently resonated with me, I never felt a 'fuck yeah' kind of moment throughout, but just a general 'yeah this is pretty cool' feeling. I think it still falls short of Arkham Asylum's simple but brilliant story, but it's miles better than AC and probably on-par with AO. Think I put only 13 hours into AC and went straight through the story, not touching any side missions because I found everything about the game pretty dull, put a bit more time into Arkham Origins as I loved the Investigation stuff but nowhere near the time I've put into AK, think this is the most time I've spent with a Batman:Arkham game overrall.

The reason I put in the time is the side-missions, I absolutely loved them, they won't be for everyone and some are pretty repetitive, but the upgrade points you get and the interactions with some of the Batman universe's most famous villains is really cool and really well done, Rocksteady understand Batman as a character, Gotham, and Batman's world so goddamn well.

So yeah, I enjoyed it but it's not my GOTY so far, still worth a playthrough though for sure.

8/10