passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter V

radiofloyd

Capcom has announced Street Fighter 5 at Sony's PlayStation Experience event after yesterday's leak.

The trailer that went live yesterday before being pulled is now back online, and below.

On stage, Sony said Street Fighter 5 will have cross-platform play for PS4 and PC. Sony's Adam Boyes said PS4 "will be the only console this game ever appears on". No Xbox One version, then.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-05-street-fighter-5-exclusive-to-pc-and-ps4

Cool trailer.

I also saw a brief gameplay trailer. If SF4 was going back to the style of SF2 then SF5 looks like it's like SF3. That might mean they'll alienate people again as it seemed even more combo based, but they also might find a good balance.

It's exciting stuff. The 'I wonder whose in it' run up to launch will give me something to think about.

All I ask is they make it compatible with PS3 sticks. I'll have a good foot stomp if they don't. It's a deal breaker.

Capcom showed an extended gameplay trailer of Street Fighter V during the Capcom Cup Finals this evening teasing the return of Charlie Nash.

Nash first appeared in Street Fighter Alpha and was last seen in Street Fighter Alpha 3 in 1998. He’s Guile’s long lost best friend.

On stage, Capcom series executive producer Yoshinori Ono (dressed like Nash) said the upcoming PlayStation 4 and PC fighter wil have “lots of secrets” and that while more news about the battle system won’t be revealed until a later date, “every single character will be more unique than you’d ever expect.”

Ono also revealed a new benefit of its partnership with Sony on Street Fighter V.

“Last week when I was on stage at PlayStation Experience, we promised that the partnership between Capcom and Sony would lead to great things in the fighting game community,” Ono said. “Well, I’m very happy to announce one of the benefits from that partnership here today. We’re excited to confirm that there will be Capcom Pro Tour and Capcom Cup again next year and the total prize cup has been increased to half a million dollars.”

In comparison, this year’s prize pool is $50,000—one-tenth of next year’s.

Ono added that while the team is hard at work on developing Street Fighter V, it will still be supporting Ultra Street Fighter IV at large, especially with next year’s tournaments now confirmed.

The presentation ended with the first live gameplay demonstration of Street Fighter V, showing Ryu and Chun-Li going at it.

Watch the new videos below.

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/street-fighter-v-teases-charlie-nash-first-live-gameplay

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Street Fighter 5 is not a timed exclusive, and Capcom isn’t being coy about its arrangement with Sony.

Street Fighter 5 is coming to PC and PS4, but not Xbox One. This isn’t a Rise of the Tomb Raider-type deal where we all know a port is inbound even if nobody will say it outright; you simply won’t see Street Fighter 5 on Xbox One.
“The reality is that this is a real partnership. We are console exclusive for this franchise for this numbered run,” a Capcom representative told Gamespot.
While the representative wouldn’t be drawn on whether the PS4 version of the game will have additional post-launch content as a result of the arrangement, I suspect Capcom’s insistence on cross-platform play is what sealed the deal.
“The relationship with Sony does open doors for things we haven’t been able to do in the past,” Capcom said. “The relationship serves a gameplay and development purpose, and not just a marketing value.”
That certainly sounds like a cross-play reference to me. I don’t hold out much hope that Microsoft will relax its strictures on cross-play any time soon, unfortunately; while Sony and Nintendo have allowed cross-play between their consoles as well as PC and mobile devices, Microsoft seems determined not to let anybody interface with Xbox Live. It’s a shame, as the growing popularity of cross-play among consumers and developers may mean further exclusives like Street Fighter 5.
We had a go at Street Fighter 5 recently and found it to be a worthy successor to Street Fighter 4. It’s expected in March.
Xbox boss Phil Spencer has said Microsoft will make up for missing out on one of the biggest fighting games in the world – although he did sort of ruin that by suggesting Killer Instinct is a decent substitute.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/12/street-fighter-5-is-never-coming-to-xbox-one-says-capcom/

• 2 months later...

Capcom has revealed the North American pre-order bonuses for Street Fighter 5 and the Collector’s Edition.

The Street Fighter 5 Collector’s Edition has been announced over at the Capcom Unity blog and here’s what you’ve got to look forward to:
  • SFV game disc – The standard SFV game disc and case is included in every Collector’s Edition
  • 10″ fully painted Ryu statue – Meticulously articulated and commanding in stature, the sculpture depicts Ryu preparing for his next battle. The Collector’s Edition packaging is specially windowed as well so that you can see the top half of the statue from the outside
  • 48 page hardcover artbook – Jam-packed with design sketches and other behind-the-scenes materials that shed light behind the development process of the game
  • Code Cards for additional downloadable content – Udon Digital Street Fighter Comics, and a collection of some of Udon’s finest work with the Street Fighter comic series
  • SFV Soundtrack Sampler – Curated selection of some of the best tunes from the game
  • Twitch One-Month Subscription to Capcom Fighters channel – This bonus is actually included with every standard copy of SFV, and gives a free one-month subscription to the Capcom Fighters channel on Twitch, which grants exclusive access to special Street Fighter chat emoticons, as well as video archive access

Street-Fighter-5-collectors-edition-600x

http://www.vg247.com/2015/08/31/street-fighter-5-collectors-edition-and-pre-order-bonuses-detailed/

• 2 years later...