passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Twitch Thread

DANGERMAN

yeah, I've been watching a bit and your mic is buried by the game audio. There might be an option in the software you're using to reduce the game audio when speaking, or alter the game audio feed on it separately 

Aside from that working well and it looks great

I dunno if turning the desktop audio down helped at all? It’s difficult because I can’t hear me through the headphones. The only way I could hear myself was on the stream. It seemed ok when testing, but maybe I moved or whatever. Also not confident talking in to a mic! But yeah. I’ll have a better try tomorrow or at the weekend. 

You should have two inputs for sound. One will be desktop sounds and the other is your mic. Aim for the desktop to be just touching yellow and your voice to becoming into yellow. Adjust the sliders accordingly, then once you get a nice set up, do everything else through the game, you can fine tune the game sound in game to make sure it's not mad loud.

Occasionally you will go into red, but as long as you're not maxing it out you'll sound fine, just give yourself a little bit of leeway for those big jumps in sound from you or the game and it won't peak to a point where it's unlistenable.

Plus when it does peak people will know that shit's going down, either you're pissed off or excited.

I just clicked your stream and it sounds like some sort of air con or something or traffic in the background

IMO, look into RTX voice. Or it might be called nvidia broadcast now or something. It filtered out everything but your voice (or at least tries to) with AI shit. Also it will filter out the clicky sounds of your controller

I was going to mention this as well, been watching for maybe an hour now and the stream quality is very nice, but the sound it pretty bad, in that we can hear everything in the background. You can put a noise gate on the mic to prevent this, or use the RTX voice to try and get rid of all the unwanted stuff.

Also pay attention to chat.

Thanks for the advice. I will look in to it this week to look at what I can do to try cancel the noise out. 

Was anybody chatting or left a message? I had the chat box open but it was empty the whole time. I didn’t see anything. 

Probably not that good at the price. Although I do also sit really far away. I'm only supposed to be inches away from it but not possible unless I was holding it.

Those audio filters worked pretty well I thought. It seemed to successfully cancel out button taps, mouse clicks and white noise

I streamed to twitch from XBSX yesterday. It was a bit odd having to open up the twitch app and go to the broadcast tab but it worked alright. Or so I thought. 

Streaming from PS4 Pro I can do so 1080p and it look fine. On XBSX 1080p while there’s movement it becomes a pixelated mess.

And a bit of an oversight, the chat isn’t visible on screen. Not even a notification that you have any to check for on a different device.