passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Children of Morta

Sly Reflex

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus. I'm not sure I care for this type of FMV game. I mean it's fine, but also a bit shit? I'm looking forward to finishing it so I can move on to the next thing.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Metal Hellsinger

Well, that game sort of shit itself towards the end with a bitch of a last boss. I am a little bit gutted as it was super good up to then. A lesson to game devs. Don't put shitty final bosses in your game, it's the last thing people will see and it sours the whole experience.

Next up is some Amnesia game. I hope it is not shit. I am thinking it is more than likely going to be shit.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Amnesia: Rebirth

It was some fucking nonsense. I mean I could go into it a bit deeper, but I'm not gonna. It's a case of you walk like you have bowling balls in your pockets, there are "puzzles" that are not really puzzles and the jump scares is just a thing that layers over the screen.

Absolute fucking turbo gash. If you want a walking sim, go play a proper walking sim. If you want a horror game, go play a proper horror game.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Children of Morta

OK, lads. I'm gonna be straight with you. You lot have slept on Children of Morta. No thread on it and I can't find any mention of it outside of this thread?

It sort of feels like a predecessor to HADES. Persistent upgrades between roguelike shit. When you die something always happens when you get to home base. Persistent upgrade trees that have levels to them that boost all your classes. Lovely art style. Basic but fun dungeon crawling.

It's currently on sale on Steam, I'm not sure of other platforms, but do me a favour and throw them a fiver and enjoy this overlooked gem.