passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Children of Morta

Sly Reflex

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Kingdom Two Crowns

Nick's version of Smash was predictably formulaic. Seems super unbalanced as well with the characters in it. I found it ok for an hour and then was super bored.

Super Hot Mind Control Delete was tried. First time I have played Super Hot. Was fun enough, but I'm not sure on that whole concept. At times it can feel super unfair, stages can feel like you're trying to pick a lock before being stabbed in the back randomly. Might play a bit more off stream. Intriguing idea that's maybe not that fun to watch. Or play. 

Kingdom Two Crowns is about a horse where you ride left and right. It's slower than a UKIP voter and not fun to watch. I know because I've watched it a lot on a friends stream, but playing it, I dunno, time seems to evaporate. The loop of recruiting people into your kingdom and surviving the night to expand borders and do it all over again is a curious but absorbing loop. 

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Project Zomboid

Two Crowns finished. A flawed but absorbing game that I can't really describe why it's good. It does have flaws that stem from the levels being randomly generated, you can be really fucked quite hard when gates spawn too far apart. I feel like it can be pretty difficult if you're dealt a bad hand.

It's a soft recommend if you're looking for a game that is all about planning and managing. It gets bonus points for having Shell in the Pit do the soundtrack.

Next up. Zombies!

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Vampyr

Turns out Project Zomboid was a bit much to learn on stream. Like, it's insanely complicated and has a lot of moving parts, so it got delayed. Maybe one day I go back to it on stream.

I did Portal. What a tiny but immaculate game, holds up very well.

Next up it's looking like Vampyr. It's not locked in yet, but it's looking the vote is falling that way. Is it good? I guess we'll find out soon. 

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Retro City Rampage
  • Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: The Walking Dead

Retro City Rampage is alright. Would sort of recommend it loosely.

TWD is an odd one. I'm in season 2 now and it's really forgettable.

I'll be into Michonne after this. I've never played that, nor season 4 or 5. So you might be getting more thoughts on it all.

I have to say though, playing TWD and watching someone play Life is Strange, TWD aged a lot better than that. LiS was unbearable shite. It hurt to watch, it was pretty cringe. 

In order it goes 1, 400 Days, 2, Michonne, New Frontiers, Final Season.

I feel like they could have done a better naming convention. I had to go researching on what order to play them in. Michonne was meant to be S2 400 Days, but presumably 2 sold like shit so they span it out.

• 2 weeks later...

We're into the fourth game now. It took a severe jump in quality production wise, but I just cannot find myself caring about any of the new cast. Clem is basically the character is all hinges on. The craziest thing is all the stuff that happens in 1 and 2 is basically wrapped up by 4 so it all feels a bit fruitless. Jane was in it for a bit but not for long before she went out of the storyline. 

I'm not really sure where they're going with this, but at least it's going at a fair old lick. I should have it all over and done with in a few more streams.

Some pretty poor writing in S4. Not really sure what they were going for in all honesty. Feels like they wanted to involve Clem without you actually playing as Clem.

Into the final season now. I can't help but feel it's all going to be a massive let down. :lol: 

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Countdown to L3WD

I didn't actually mind the end of TWD. I'm not entirely sure how they could have wrapped it up any different. It was what it was. I feel it's one of those things where they could have done something drastic, but doing so would have pissed a lot of people off so they went for the safest option. 

Also done Saints Row IV between the time I last updated. They massively painted themselves into a corner with this one, didn't they? I remember playing Gat out of Hell with Hendo back in the day and fucking hating it. This was like a remix of that, but mostly good. Not as good as SR III, but hey, can't win them all. 

Now we're streaming random shit until the Wrestle Event happens. Normal service will be resumed after.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Not going to talk about it extensively, but RDR2 is pretty good, isn't it? What a weird concoction of nothing happening at all, but everything happening at the same time and the switch between states?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Hitman Absolution

Well fuck, I thought I'd updated this. RDR2 was completed. I rate it highly, although there's a lot of fucky stuff in it.

Currently in the latter 3rd of Hitman Absolution. I don't think it's a particularly bad game, but it's not really Hitman, is it? It's very actiony for no good reason really.

By the time I come back I'll probably be onto the next game, whatever that happens to be.

I don't know if it's coming off the back of RDR2 or what, but the writing in this is sort of ass. I don't think it's a fault of the game really, just an indication of how much better voice over work has gotten. For all of the weird idiosyncratic faults of RDR2, it smashes it out the park in that regard. It's shifted goalposts for me.

And that's that done. Yeah, it was fine. I can't say I'd recommend it though, it was very actiony at points.

Looking like My Name is Pedro might be next. It's currently leading the vote.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Children of Morta