passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

illdog

Despite my excitement for a new Zelda title I did have converns about ALBW's. I was a little worried about revisiting a classic naturally. More to the point, the video's I had watched didnt fill me with magic and wonder which was what I was expecting. Instead they looked a bit brown and the only differnce seemed to be that you could become a flat painting on a wall that could move. I had a little concern about that mechanic as well, it looked a bit free roaming, like the possibilities it could open up would be a bit too vast and uncontained if you know what I mean.

90% of my concerns were aliviated in the first five minutes. You immediately notice the controls, so responsive and unresticted. The grahical style I wondered about looks really good in 3D. The gameplay isnt just a rehash, it manages to feel fresh and new and themusic sounds incredible through earphones.

I did the intro, got to the first dungeon which I enjoyed and finally got access to the painting mechanic - final fear gone. They've just implemented it really well, I wont say too much about it incase you want to discover it for yourself but you know, it's cool.

Ive only played an hour, got some other stuff to say but I gotta start work. My plan is to hammer this this week.

Man, this is ultra playable. Cool little twist: You can rent all the weapons from the original game. This weird rabbit dude moves in to your house with you and sets up shop there and for a smallish amount of rupees you can have what you want. The two dungeons I've done have made it obvious from the outset the main weapon you would need so it's not a case of buying everything and hoping for the best. It does help to have everything though. But... If you die, you lose everything you've rented. I died on the Gale dungeon boss, had to go back to my house, rent the tornado rod thing and go back to kick the bosses ass. Makes you want to play cautiously. But so far so really fucking good.

Yeah this is really really awesome. Would be so happy for this to keep being a series that is released on the system, so much they can do with the formula. I cant recommend it highly enough its definitely worthy of the scores its been receiving.

Having two amazing games to play at once is a lovely problem. Just trying to juggle this and Mario and when its Zelda time ive been tying to do a dungeon per play. I'm on Lorule now, sticking to the formula of Link to the Past so there are seven dungeons representing seven sages. The first dungeon was brilliant, a real change of pace. The one I've just done wasn't as much fun but it was still good. I'm being vague because I don't want to give away locations or dungeon themes, half the fun is finding where to go next, I'm finding Lorule a real puzzle. This is a quality title, I do hope more people here give this a go.

Ive just done the third dungeon in Lorule, as always i made a difficult task of a not too difficult job. I do like the dungeon design so far, they feel more compact than usual but still with a decent amount of brain scratching. Just got the Highrule shield and upgraded a few of the weapons i own and Ive saved outside dungeon number four.

I finished this in the wee hours of this morning. The battery was flashing on my 3DS from the instant the boss fight started and i couldn't charge it but as luck goes I managed to see out the credits. This was a brilliant game, the dungeon design was great and I enjoyed every one. I forgot how great the music was in LttP and the remastered versions here are superb, especially the Sanctuary and in the woods. It feels like a real crime against gaming that only three of us seem to be playing it. Don't overlook it, its a massive fucking treat.

• 2 weeks later...

finished! wooooooo. really enjoyed it, seems really fast paced for a zelda game, probably took something like 12-15 hours. the dungeons were brilliant, as was the big puzzle-like overworld and the 3d effect.

still loads of stuff to do mind, although not sure i will. i never upgraded anything except my sword once (where do you get the ore from? i only found 2 in big chests in dungeons) and didn't know how to upgrade the rest...except the first thing i did after finishing was go see the

octipus thing looking for the little ones to see what my 41 would get me. lolz.

4 heart containers missing, no speed boots - i guess you get them from doing the race (i thought i might need them to win the race so didn't try.) and only 2 bottles.

• 4 months later...

Golly gosh this is lovely!!

I am 2 dungeons in and only the screaming baby can stop me.

I really need to make sure I stop missing out on some of these fantastic Nintendo titles! Nearly skipped this entirely, only got it on a deal.

• 1 year later...

I've been playing this over the weekend and I'm a couple of dungeons in to the other world. I've been enjoying it when I'm in the dungeons, everything else though...

Maybe not everything else, but the overworld is terrible. It starts off a bit clunky, trying to get to places, but it's an adventure game, that's half the point. In lorule though I hate getting around, it seems like no one else really had problems but I think I'm missing items that would get me in to places, or even get me to places, but I've no idea where to find them

Sitting at a computer with a guide in front of me really doesn't seem like the way to play this