passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The iPhone killer? A thread for Android phones

Hendo

iOS App store is still the boss id say, it gets more things and its the main platform that most big publishers use. On the flip side, Android's Play store often gets things cheaper, and in some cases there are things that only make it to Android. Its not entirely one sided, and it is getting a lot better as things like the nexus tab, galaxy tab etc get more market share, but at the moment I feel like the shift is still in the direction of App Store.

Woah, thats not been reviewed nicely, and I can see why, sounds like a total piece of shit. I guess thats perhaps a way that Android is better, it doesnt get crap like this, although having said that, im sure it has its fair share of crap.

They really need a proper overhaul, but to do the store properly and make it useful they need to employ people to play the games and properly recommend stuff. Unfortunately it's cheaper to leave that to customers and algorithms with your normal staff and publishers chipping in

I guess to move away from the apple cock is to move away from games for the most part.

Not really, theres still plenty of gems on the play store, and plenty of shit on the app store.

If i had to control my life by touch screen I'd make damn sure to level up my suicide skills.

Didnt realise they were upping the level cap, Captain Emo.

Got my Samsung note 2 yesterday, absolutely love it. The screen is awesome, im actually writing this with the funny pen thing and the handwriting recognition is really good. Ive had the Samsung note for a while So the operating System is the same as that. The biggest problem I had was getting my contacts from my iphone onto my android and that was because of shitty itunes being as user friendly as a cushion made of rusty spikes.

• 4 weeks later...

im saying it now officially, after several months of use (and i do still love it) the galaxy s3 is too big, in fact, anything bigger than the gs2 is too big. that was a perfectly sized phone that could be used with 1 hand for a normal handed person.

to use a phone as not just a phone but an interface for other devices (xbox glass say) makes it either an uncomfortable 1 handed experience or a slightly tarded 2 handed one and its all due to the phone width (or "palm coverage/phalanges joint hinderance" as its technically known from now on).

i now fully understand why apple stood by the size they did for so long and now have gone longer but not wider. they know their ergonomics very well to be fair.