passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Uncle Dokuro

I'm sure I will cave in and get a few things at ridiculous prices, but I don't think there's a lot I want that I don't already have.

I thought having somewhere near 200 games on my account was a little bit much, but I today I spotted someone on my friends list has 594, so I don't feel so bad.

same, the only game from this year I had intended on picking up was Tomb Raider and I bought that a few weeks back (edit: Wouldn't mind Metro actually, not in a rush though)

however there hasn't been a steam sale yet where I haven't bought something, I can't see that changing

ok guys let's stay calm and keep our dignity. The sale has started and Steam has fallen over, I briefly saw what was on sale today and will probably pick up Scribblenauts because I've never played one and it's cheap, but more importantly there's cards, lovely cards, cards CARDS

If you were crafting badges the past couple of weeks then you'll have some mystery cards, these are now summer sale cards, if you collect all of these then you'll get the summer sale badge and all that that entails (not all that much as far as I can tell. You can also get these summer cards by voting on the flash deals (every 3 votes gets you a card), spending (every $10 spent gets you a card). There might be another way but Steam is broken still.

Whilst we're talking about cards and all their awesomeness I have a spare summer sale card for Reus (some indie game) I would like to trade that for a different card, so when you lot get some cards give me a shout

cards :toss:

edit: oh, they also added cards to a load more games, including Bioshock Infinite which I'm now off to play

I press store exactly as Alice Madness returns clicked to 00:00:00 and got the message I tweeted. It was pretty hard to tweet that through the tears. :'(

EDIT: I can see the offers but can't do anything with them

Bioshock Infinite is £17.49, I'll be grabbing that.

Shit games in the flash sales, community choice has Borderlands 2 in at 66% off. It also has dishonoured and FarCry 3 in. Farcry 3 is still expensive at £12 sale price I think.

ok guys let's stay calm and keep our dignity. The sale has started and Steam has fallen over, I briefly saw what was on sale today and will probably pick up Scribblenauts because I've never played one and it's cheap, but more importantly there's cards, lovely cards, cards CARDS

If you were crafting badges the past couple of weeks then you'll have some mystery cards, these are now summer sale cards, if you collect all of these then you'll get the summer sale badge and all that that entails (not all that much as far as I can tell. You can also get these summer cards by voting on the flash deals (every 3 votes gets you a card), spending (every $10 spent gets you a card). There might be another way but Steam is broken still.

Whilst we're talking about cards and all their awesomeness I have a spare summer sale card for Reus (some indie game) I would like to trade that for a different card, so when you lot get some cards give me a shout

cards :toss:

edit: oh, they also added cards to a load more games, including Bioshock Infinite which I'm now off to play

I'll trade you Dead Island Riptide for Reus? Anyway I have Dead Island Riptide if anyone wants it.

Picked up Kairo, Cart Life, Starseed Pilgrim and Dyad. Of those Dyad is probably the best bargain at 75% off (€3.49).

I already have it unfortunately, I've got Dead Island, Reus (x2), and Tomb Raider

incidentally, once Steam is up and working again, if you do get cards you don't want and can't trade then you should be able to sell them, I imagine they'll go for a relatively decent amount (like £1)

I already have it unfortunately, I've got Dead Island, Reus (x2), and Tomb Raider

incidentally, once Steam is up and working again, if you do get cards you don't want and can't trade then you should be able to sell them, I imagine they'll go for a relatively decent amount (like £1)

Haha wait a minute, I thought the cards were redeemable for the games! :blush: Momentary lapse of reason.

I stuck up for Riptide card for €1. Never sold a card before! Is there any benefit to collecting lots of cards? Other than selling them?

I don't really understand the point of the cards. I got some for Borderlands 2, but then there's more I can't get, and I don't know why I'd want them all, and what's that noise? Where's my dinner? Has anyone seen my glasses?

Haha wait a minute, I thought the cards were redeemable for the games! :blush: Momentary lapse of reason.

I stuck up for Riptide card for €1. Never sold a card before! Is there any benefit to collecting lots of cards? Other than selling them?

you can only get about half the cards from playing the games, the others you need to trade for. So with the Borderlands' ones for example, unless you want to use real money, sell them in the market, this will add the money to your steam wallet and you can use that to buy the missing cards from your next game you have cards for.

The point of the cards, well there kind of isn't one other than to make badges. Get all the cards for a ame and you can craft a badge, this gets you some stuff (a mystery card which is now a summer sale card but was and will become a discount or free dlc once the sale ends. Plus an emoticon for steam chat and a background for your steam window).

The real reason to make badges, as far as I can tell, is to level up your steam account. At the minute that pretty much just means more slots on your friends list, but Valve seem to want to use this as a measure for things, so possibly access to betas or extra discounts

Really though it's up to you as to whether you'd prefer the badges and levels or some money in your steam wallet

antichamber is a fiver, i'll be buying that when i can get on (edit - yeah same as DANGERMAN - struggling to buy). dishonoured dlc is on sale too but i'll wait to see if it goes cheaper...

i've just been selling any cards i had.

I still haven't managed to buy anything yet. Whenever I try to pay with my card or paypal I get an error

I haven't tried to buy anything yet, but the sale has reminded me of a few games I thought looked interesting, so I've added them to my wishlist just to keep them in mind for another time.

I think with Borderlands 2 you randomly get given 3 cards out of the set. I thought you got the same cards just for playing the game, but it appears to be random. I was tempted to ask people for their cards so I could make the badge, but since they are going for actual legal tender it seems a bit cheeky.

I bet if you could find people that really want certain cards you could get 2 cards for 1. If you could do that you could just keep growing your cards. There's some fools out there that could be extorted.