passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Order: 1886

radiofloyd

Ready at Dawn - the studio that made such PSP titles as Daxter, God of War: Chains of Olympus, and God of War: Ghost of Sparta - has announced its Victorian Era PS4 game, The Order 1886.

Set in a steampunk alternate history 40 years after the industrial revolution, The Order will see you interacting with several real-world historical figures ala the Assassin's Creed series.

Ready At Dawn CEO and creative director, Ru Weerasuriya noted on the PlayStation Blog that he aims to make the game particularly filmic. "The idea was to make sure that you never saw any visual discrepancies or breaks in continuity between gameplay and cinematic," he said. "What you saw is running in-engine, in-game with no gimmicks. These visuals are what you can expect of the final game when you play it."

See what you make of The Order in its debut trailer below.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-sony-announces-steampunk-horror-game-the-order

http://youtu.be/MbAhOB-59Ag

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ready at Dawn has confirmed that The Order will run at 30fsp in 1080p and have no multiplayer.

The Order: 1886, Sony Santa Monica Studios and Ready at Dawn’s upcoming PlayStation 4 game, will not feature multiplayer, Ready at Dawn co-founder Andrea Pessino has confirmed.

“No multiplayer,” Pessino said on Twitter. “It is a single player, third person action adventure game.”

In related news, Ready at Dawn co-founder Ru Weerasuriya recently told Play3 the game will run at 30 frames per second in 1080p.

“Currently, we are not targeting 60 frames per second,” Weerasuriya said. “In a first-person shooter, sure, that makes sense. Also, fighting games are undoubtedly suited for 60 frames. But for this, the cinematic experience is in the foreground—presented in full HD, 1080p. We’re in favor of spectacular effects and the highest possible resolution, but we limit ourselves to 30 frames per second.”

We haven’t heard much from The Order since its announcement. That should change soon. Ready at Dawn showed members of the press a 40 minute gameplay demo earlier this week, with a preview embargo set to lift on February 18. Expect new information and footage by then.

I think we're going to see 30fps become the norm again really quickly, usual suspects aside (COD). Shame really and I'd love to be wrong but there just aren't enough people clamouring for 60

Bit surprised The Order doesn't even have a horde mode, but then, assuming good, be playing single player anyway

• 3 months later...

Apparently GTM is still getting GI old cover stories. Anyway, The Order is in my top five games I most want.

Looks like The Order: 1886 is being featured on a few British magazines this month, and Chief Technical Officer and biker extraordinaire Andrea Pessino responded on Facebook to some extremely high praise featured on the covers of a couple of those prominent mags.

Games TM opens with “Could this be the PS4′s Uncharted?” and Pessino’s response is quite classy:

I think
Uncharted
is going to be the PS4′s
Uncharted
, but I will take this as a huge compliment… : )

GamesMaster went, if at all possible, even further with the praise, calling The Order: 1886 “The Best-Looking Game Ever;” Again Pessino sounded quite pleased, and we can’t really blame him:

>

Best looking game ever… I can live with that. ; )

One thing is for sure: with E3 coming in fast, and The Order: 1886 rumored to be present with a gameplay demo on stage, the hype for the game is definitely growing. Maybe some journalists are going even a little bit overboard with it.

It’ll be very interesting to see if the game will live up to such high praise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...