passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

E3 2013

Uncle Dokuro

So E3 2013 is right around the corner. Nintendo will be trying to show us why we need a Wii U. Sony will be pushing cloud base gaming and Microsoft will be out in force with it's new multimedia box.

So to kick things off what is everyone on MFG looking forward too? What do you hope is shown or announced? Does anyone have any E3 predictions they would like to share?

I for one am excite for this years E3. I'm looking forward to seeing what Microsoft has up it's sleeve. Back in 2010 when they debuted Ryse I still had a 360. I was looking for to that game, so I'm kind of hyped to see what CryTek has done to Ryse sense then. I also want to see what Rare and Lionhead have been working on. Microsoft teasing a "historic" Rare title for Xbox One has me intrigued. Mainly because they just renewed the rights to the name Killer Instincts.

On the Nintendo front I'm hoping to see the big guns 3D Mario, F Zero, Star Fox and Smash Bros. If Nintendo can deliver the big guns at E3 I might consider picking up a Wii U, but they have to show me why I need it.

On the PC front I'm hoping Valve does an unavailing of the Steambox and it can compete with the next-gen consoles. I'm also hoping to see a bigger push of PC exclusive titles from developers this year.

As always I can't wait to see what Sega has in store for gamers.

Well Square-Enix have confirmed that a date is set for the reveal of Versus XIII, could be E3. We'll surely find out about Final Fantasy XV/Agni's Philosophy.

Also looking forward to Dragon Age 3 and Lords of the Fallen (new rpg by Tomasz Gop, confirmed for E3).

PC gaming and kickstarter have stolen the limelight recently, hopefully E3 will present us with some good reasons to invest in next-gen consoles.

Liked you said, looking forward to a strong first-party showing from Nintendo.

WB Interactive has announced a new zombie FPS Dying Light , which is being developed by Dead Island's Techland. The game will feature Mirror Edge style parkour/free running and a day/night cycle. You can read more about the game at the link or just wait till it is official unveiled at E3 2013.

Dying Light is in development for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Windows (most likely 7 & 8)

• 2 weeks later...

The only one I'll be able to watch live is Ubisoft's. I'll be home by 22:15 so will try to catch some of Microsoft and EA's highlights. I doubt I'll be staying up for Sony this year, will watch it in the morning instead. And then Nintendo after I get home from work on Tuesday.

gaming-e3-2013-microsoft-slate-leak.jpg

The full list also includes Killer Instinct, Forza Motorsport 5, Quantum Break, Halo: Spartan Assault, Ryse, Crackdown 3, Fortnite, Dead Rising 3, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Dying Light, Prey 2, Homefront 2, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Mirror's Edge 2, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Brother in Arms: Furious Four and League of Legends will also be shown.

I was thinking about Fable the other day. I loved the 2nd one, but I do wonder how many people care about it as a series nowadays. I mean it's tone is one thing, but they seem to have soured the series with the 3rd game and the spin offs

gaming-e3-2013-microsoft-slate-leak.jpg

The full list also includes Killer Instinct, Forza Motorsport 5, Quantum Break, Halo: Spartan Assault, Ryse, Crackdown 3, Fortnite, Dead Rising 3, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Dying Light, Prey 2, Homefront 2, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Mirror's Edge 2, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Brother in Arms: Furious Four and League of Legends will also be shown.

Link and I also question this if they are calling Gearboxes next co-op shooter BoA: Furious Four. Both Wbisoft and Gearbox has said that the game has dropped the BoA title and has transformed into a new stand alone IP. I gave you that link on Steam IM a few days ago Sly.

EDIT: Here is a link http://www.denofgeek.us/games/e3/128522/leaked-microsoft-e3-slate-reveals-upcoming-xbox-titles

Following on from the recent discovery that Microsoft has registered some new Halo domains comes a new leak, this time involving the company's possible E3 game reveals.

An E3 slate image has been posted on NeoGAF, and it clearly shows a few key titles, including Banjo Kazooie, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break and Fable IV, alongside a very clear Halo: Spartan Assault logo, and another which just as clearly indicates the existence of Halo 5, suggesting that Spartan Assault will be a spin-off title rather than the next episode in the new Halo trilogy.

The mail also lists a slew of other titles, including Crackdown 3, Witcher 3, Rainbow 6: Patriots and Mirror's Edge 2. Interestingly, it also mentions Killer Instinct, the future of which has been up and down a lot recently.

Finally, the mail also mentions a line up of next gen titles from Capcom for all platforms, including the aforementioned Dead Rising 3, which will be exclusive to Xbox One, Dragon's Dogma 2 (PS4 exclusive), Marvel Vs Capcom 4, and Darkstalkers Reborn (Wii U exclusive).

You can see the full list in the link below, but don't forget, this is simply a rumour, and the original poster of the image even states that they cannot confirm any of the information. Still, a lot of the titles listed are big names which we expected to see re-surface with the new consoles, so you never know.

Interesting, Marvel vs Capcom 4 and a new Darkstalkers game Wii U exclusive. Would buy a Wii U for those two games alone.

I said it all through the the Wii's lifespan. Those kind of weird Japanese games will do good on the Nintendo platform; that's where the audience for those kind of games is. No-one bought the PS3 version of No More Heroes. No-one bought Shadows of the Damned... the list goes on even further if you dive into it. It's why Bayonetta 2 is coming to the Wii U.

I said it all through the the Wii's lifespan. Those kind of weird Japanese games will do good on the Nintendo platform; that's where the audience for those kind of games is. No-one bought the PS3 version of No More Heroes. No-one bought Shadows of the Damned... the list goes on even further if you dive into it. It's why Bayonetta 2 is coming to the Wii U.

No one bought Mad World, No More Heroes 2, Project Zero, Taksunoko vs Capcom, Murumasa (sp)

Didn't Bayonetta sell over a million copies on 360 and ps3?