passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Uncle Dokuro

This game is one of those tricky one's, do we get it for current gen consoles, or hold fire for the ps4/one version, will the next gen be that much better? or just slightly nicer graphics.

Definitely going to be an issue with GTA V.

Is that going to next gen machines, then?... when was that announced?.

Oh I don't think it has been but most of the previews mentioned that the game doesn't run particularly smoothly on the 360 or PS3, as far as I can remember anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Your character/stats can transfer across ANY platform

But Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin has confirmed that you won't need to stick to the same platform if you want transfer your characters across to a next-gen copy of Call Of Duty: Ghosts.

"We felt very strongly that there's a console transition here that is a heavy burden on players," said Rubin in an interview with NowGamer, "on gamers spending that much money on a console and having to buy a bunch of new games.

"It's not an easy thing for a lot of people and we wanted to be conscious of that and try and do something for players who can't afford day-one to go out and buy a new console."

The solution, claims Rubin, is to create a platform-agnostic character profile that can be transferred anywhere.

"So what we did was we created this idea of your Call Of Duty character - who you are - goes anywhere.

"So if I have an Xbox 360 and I purchase Call Of Duty: Ghosts on 5 November and Christmas comes and I finally get my Xbox One. My character will be there, so I don't have to start over and start from scratch."

Rubin then confirmed that the same could be done to transfer your character from Xbox 360 to PS4. Considering the popularity of the PS4 over the Xbox One at the moment, this will be good news for gamers.

"And it goes deeper from that," adds Rubin. "Whatever console I have and I'm playing on, I can go to friends' houses and I could play on their consoles even if they're completely different."

"And you can go back and forth if you want. You can go any platform you want - PC as well. That's something I think that as a player is important because, again, we hope we're supporting people who don't have tons of income.

Pretty neat.

• 4 weeks later...
Want to play Call of Duty: Ghosts on PC? Then you'll need 50GB of space on your hard-drive.

Nvidia published the minimum and recommended system requirements for the upcoming shooter on its website, and they reveal the game comes in at a whopping 50GB.

Also of note: you need 6GB of RAM at a minimum to play.

Those minimum specs in full:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
  • RAM: 6 GB RAM
  • HDD: 50 GB HD space
  • Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
  • Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
  • DirectX: 11
  • Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation

And the recommended specs:

• Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

So, why would Ghosts, a game in a series that isn't known for pushing graphics hardware, require 50GB of hard-drive space?

It may have something to do with the size of the textures. Nvidia has in recent months made a song and dance about playing PC games at 4K resolution, and one of the titles it's name-checked as part of this effort is Call of Duty: Ghosts.

"Of course, to play games at 4K you're going to need a top-end system, one that features SLI GeForce GTX 770s, GTX 780s, or GTX SLI TITANs," Nvidia's Andrew Burnes wrote in a blog post published in September.

"Only these configurations have the performance to power games like Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Batman: Arkham Origins, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Watch_Dogs to their maximum potential.

"To ensure a flawless 4K experience Nvidia is working closely with the developers of each game, and in addition to supporting 4K, we are working hand-in-hand with the developers to integrate exclusive, game-changing Nvidia technologies like PhysX, TXAA, and HBAO."

At EGX 2013 Sony PlayStation UK boss Fergal Gara told Eurogamer that PlayStation 4 exclusive Killzone: Shadow Fall weighs in at close to 50GB.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-08-mega-textures-push-call-of-duty-ghosts-on-pc-to-50gb

like the Watchdogs thread, I'm suspicious of these specs. The minimum card you need is a 5870 which is what I've got. It's a few years old now admittedly (4 years I think), but it holds its own with Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Witcher 2, Sleeping Dogs. I just don't buy that with the PS3, 360 and WiiU versions existing they are limiting the pc to specs way above the current consoles

not that I'm going to play COD, but it is a weird and worrying trend

I think it could make sense if the PC versions are more akin to the next gen versions. It's nice to see that they are actually putting work into the game on that level actually. I know a lot won't give a monkeys, but still, it'll make a big difference to all the usual bland as hell texture that normally plague CoD games.

the high end makes sense, it's actually nice to see peoples Titans getting pushed and PCs being made the most of, it's the low end I'm dubious about. Like you need a better PC to run COD than you do Battlefield, I'll be surprised if that's actually the case

Yeah its quite disturbing. Im sure they will run perfectly fine on your standard setup to be honest, but on the small chance that it doesnt, there will be a heck of a backlash.

Dont even want to think about how long it would take me to download this from steam if it comes in at 50gb, good thing im not bothering with it.