passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bioshock Infinite

Hendo

I finished Episode 2. I quite liked how it ended

as it pretty much put everything full circle, enabling the events that lead to the first game and the whole thing starts again

Although I followed the plot loosely, enough to understand roughly what was going on I had to read a wiki to fully understand everything. It leaves me just wanting to play the trilogy again taking in as much story as I can, sadly I haven't got the time but maybe one day, who knows.

I think the series stands out for me as having the best plot I can recall having an interest in. And that's all I have to say.

Was just watching The Chase and one of the questions was 'what other name was Paris known as', the answer is Lutetia.

Maybe everyone else knew this but it only just clicked with me, Elizabeth is obsessed with Paris and Lutetia isn't too far from the twins

• 1 month later...

Just started this. Looks stunning, music is lovely too. Brings me back to Bioshock all those years ago... I just played as far as landing in Columbia.

I take it you recommend the Burial at Sea DLC then?

I haven't actually played Bioshock 2. Does this game have any connection to Bioshock 2?

No it doesn't, but 2 has, imo, the best gameplay of the series, and Minerva's Den is probably the best bit of Bioshock.

Played as a pair Burial at Sea is definitely worth playing. It doesn't turn as clever as it threatens but it's better than the main game

I'll probably pick up Bioshock 2 then at some point.

So far I've just been walking through the city picking up coins and apples, as you do in any rpg worth its salt...although in Bioshock Infinite it seems a bit ridiculous.

Hard to know what to make of the graphics, it's certainly not as pretty a game as Dark Souls 2. And the NPCs all rooted to their spot seems a bit outdated.

huh, I never thought I'd read someone say Dark Souls looks better than Bioshock Infinite, the graphics are one of the things it does amazingly well imo. What are you playing on?

360. Dark Souls 2 is a gorgeous game to be fair.

Reached the Brotherhood of the Raven. Early stages but so far the game hasn't really impressed me at all. The atmosphere isn't as impressive as Rapture and the looting is gimmicky. The original Bioshock was a horror game (if memory serves) which seems to have been abandoned for Infinite.

The original Bioshock was a horror game (if memory serves) which seems to have been abandoned for Infinite.

I think your memory is playing tricks on you, the original Bioshock is a shooter too. The setting, and a couple of non interactive scenes near the beginning are spooky at first, but basically you're running around shooting people in the face with superpowers.

I need to get around to the DLC at some point.

Getting more into this now. I rescued Elizabeth and moved through a beach area which was very cool. I'm only at four hours and I started it a week ago, I need to hit this game hard. I almost have the looting achievement already, 190/200...

I'm in an area now where I have just cleared the Skyline so I can get to the Hall of Heroes to find the vigor Shock Jockey.

I found the code book to read the cipher in the restaurant bathrrom but Elizabeth mumbled something about taking "the hat to the fox" and Booker said "there must be more to this place than meets the eye" and that's it. I didn't find any secret compartment. Unless I missed something?

There's also a safe in this area that requires 3 lockpicks but I only have 2. The last safe I opened required 5 lockpicks and it only contained a bunch of silver eagles. Still, I think I can safely move on because I will probably have to pass through this area again on my way back to the airship.

Nevermind, regarding the cipher I found the cubby hole in the nearby room.

I've just finished the Hall of Heroes and picked up Shock Jockey. It's been an enjoyable game so far, Columbia is definitely a spectacle... I've almost gotten the achievement for killing 150 enemies with the machine which has taken forever.

Passed the Finkton docks area and have now taken the service elevator into Finton industries proper. Had my first sight of what I assume is Infinite's version of the Big Daddy, but it was only a cut-scene...

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally started the second part of Burial At Sea.

It does feel different with more emphasis on stealth.

I'm hoping the story ties up because at the moment my head hurts a lot. For reference, I'm back in Colombia:

So I'm dead or another version of Elizabeth? Or Elizabeth in place of another character?

• 8 months later...

Going to Japan interrupted my playing of this but I went back to it today. Currently following the trail of Chen Lui.

It's an unusal game. I mean the formula is ok but it's nothing spectacular. Mostly I have been moving from one gunfight to the next working towards getting the kill count achievements with each weapon. Something dramatic needs to happen for my opinion of this game to move above a 7 or 8 out of 10.

I passed through a "tear" into some alternate universe where the dead have come back to life, with nosebleeds... I can barely remember what's going on in the story in this game. I mean, I know I rescued Elizabeth in a tower. Then I crashed the airship, and now I'm think I'm running around during errands for some Fink guy in exchange for getting the airship back. But I can't remember where I was going in the airship, or why.

Anyway I just completed a shootout in Shanty town which took me forever because I didn't realise where the gunfire was coming from...was going around on those zip lines for ages. Over 40/80 voxophones now (which I guess means I'm at around the half-way point of the game?) and I picked up a few more achievements.

Picked up the last vigor in The Salty Oyster where this song played. :)

Picking up random achievements here and there. I'm slowly but surely clawing my way towards the Big Game Hunter achievement which is 100 kills with the Carbine or Burstgun, I'm using the Burstgun. 100 kills feels like way more than the other weapon achievements. After this I just have the RPG and Hand Cannon left, but I have the RPG one almost finished as well.

But I had a gander at the achievements list and beyond the story related ones, I don't think there's too many more I'll be getting.

For me the game's biggest problem is that the world, and the people in it, feels like one big plastic movie set. It's never immersive or convincing. Maybe the game was just butchered on the 360? And of course, it's laughably easy. The game isn't the slightest bit interested in punishing you for dying. I suppose that's what 1999 mode is for. I will have to download the original Bioshock and play it again for comparison.

I will definitely play Burial at Sea at some point but not next, I have Tomb Raider downloaded and ready to go. My first ever Tomb Raider game!