passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Saints Row IV

radiofloyd

The next entry in the Saints Row franchise, Saints Row IV, is coming this summer from Deep Silver and Volition, the publisher has announced.

Saints Row IV continues the story of the Third Street Saints, whose street level has been elevated to “leaders of the free world”—the Saints boss has been elected President of the United States. But a a “catastrophic alien invasion” begins, and the Saints have been transported to a “bizarro-Steelport simulation.” With “gargantuan superpowers” allow the Saints to “leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis” at their disposal, they must fight to free humanity from the alien honcho Zinyak’s mental grasp.

Saints Row IV will launch for current-gen consoles and PC on August 20 in North America and August 23 worldwide.

Watch the debut teaser below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.

http://youtu.be/JqA6mUzTlXk

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/saints-row-iv-announced

Quote from the Eurogamer preview:

"There's a gun that inflates people's heads until they reach cartoon-like proportions and beyond, ending up in a sweet little pop as they explode. There's a dubstep gun that fires wobbly bass at passers by until they expire in a fit of either agony or ecstasy."

In like a motherfucker!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That's a relief... Reviews are in, and it's looking very good.

Polygon : 9.5

Giant Bomb : 4 stars

PC Gamer : 90

Edge : 8

Joystiq : 5/5

Eurogamer : 8

Plus positive reviews from RPS and Kotaku.

Find the reviews yourself you lazy fucks, I'm posting from my phone. Do I have to do everything for you?

Will be picking up as soon as I see a good price.

Not sure if i'll bother with it.... i still think the first game is the best if I'm being honest. If i can get it as a rental i may try it, we'll see.

The first one seemed to be playing it too straight for my tastes (this speaking as someone who only played a bit of the demo, and doesn't really like GTA style criminals or 'gangster' shit). I was under the impression that the best stuff was the unintentional stuff I.e. the stuff that didn't work properly/the glitches.

I ignored the 2nd one completely because of this impression, maybe wrongly. The more whimsy the better in my opinion.

were it not coming out the same day as Wonderful 101 I'd probably get it, but it seems a bit too much like the third for me to get excited about. Not that I didn't like the third, I did it's really good, but I'm not itching to play it again. I'll get it eventually, I might wait until it's cheaper though, you can get it for £30 on consoles, the pc version is more expensive at the minute

Dude, it's all about the co-op.When you witness amazing shit you need someone there to see it as well. A glitch is just an annoyance when you see it alone. A glitch when you're in company is amazing fun as you try to break it in further and further. I remember finding a glitch in SR2 where certain 4x4 vehicles could reverse up walls. UP THE FUCKING WALLS! How can you not be in a game and find something like that and not laugh your bollocks off at it? Are you dead inside? I bet you're dead inside aren't you? Like Simon Cowell.

I'll get it eventually, I might wait until it's cheaper though, you can get it for £30 on consoles, the pc version is more expensive at the minute

Wow, £27.99 on 360/PS3 at Green Man Gaming right now, and £40 on PC. Crazy. I'm not short of games to play right now, so I can afford to wait.