passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Yoshi's Wooly World

Hendo

Didn't Kirby's Epic Yarn end up a bit pap? It looked very nice, but I heard the game was far too simplistic for it to be any good.

It seemed to get pretty good reviews from everywhere. I just looked it up: 86 on metacritic and 88 on Gamerankings. Lack of difficulty is mentioned but doesn't seem an issue to most of them, I haven't played it yet so don't really know.

Those screens look totally sweet.

• 1 year later...
Good-Feel's Wii U platformer starring Yoshi is called Yoshi's Woolly World and is due out next year, it's been revealed in Nintendo's E3 digital event today. It also has a two-player mode.

As we already knew, the game has the same knitted yarn aesthetic of Good-Feel's lovable Wii game, Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Gameplay seems similar to the Yoshi's Island games, with Yoshi followed by a string of balls of wool (as opposed to the usual eggs) which he can throw to defeat enemies and reveal secrets in the levels.

In the two-player co-op mode, one Yoshi can swallow and spit out the other, enabling them to reach new areas together.

Nintendo legend Takashi Tezuka appeared to introduce the game, saying "There is certainly a key phrase that I have - it's 'amazing Yoshi!'"

You can watch the whole segment below.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-10-yoshis-woolly-world-has-two-player-out-2015

• 9 months later...

Spend summer in Yoshi's Woolly World on 26th June

Yoshi's Woolly World has finally got a release date - and it's going to be accompanied by a knitted amiibo, a departure from the plastic figurines seen to date.

Announced at the start of 2013 under the title Yoshi's Yarn, Yoshi's Woolly World is coming from the same development team as 2010's Kirby's Epic Yarn. The Wii U exclusive will now release on June 26th - and it's being accompanied by a new amiibo that's made of wool.

The news comes as part of Nintendo's April 1st Direct, which has been highlighting 3DS and Wii U releases throughout 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Seem to recall Hutt having the same bad reputation as Zavvi. Worth a try mate, but I'd have a standby pre-order elsewhere, just in case...

yeah they're the same company, i don't think they're that bad, but also don't think they're great either. and yeah if i can order anywhere else i will, hard to get a preorder in for the game and yoshi at all though :(

edit - totally agree they should make more - hopefully they will produce more at some point.