passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokémon X/Y for Nintendo 3DS. Worldwide release: Oct 2013

retroed

Pokemon X and Y will be introducing a brand new gameplay element--one of the biggest changes to the core Pokemon battle system. "Mega Evolution" will allow Pokemon to transform to new, more powerful forms in the middle of a battle.

The latest issue of CoroCoro shows off a number of Pokemon in their "Mega" forms, including Mega Blaziken, Mega Mewtwo (pictured), Mega Lucario, and more. "Mega" forms will not only have new abilities, but may also feature different elemental types. For example, Ampharos turns into an Electric/Dragon type after Mega-evolving.

Pokemon fansite Serebii.net has been keeping track of the Mega Evolutions announced so far. As the site points out, the method of triggering Mega Evolution is unknown, but may use a new consumable called "Mega Stones."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/80561/pokemon-x-y-introduces-mega-evolution

As well as Mega Evolutions the game will also have "Super Training":

Super Training allows players to train their Pokemon while they’re not in battle. Players can use the touch screen to participate in activities that increase a Pokemon’s base stats and “underlying values” that defines it HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed stats.

One activity involves training a Pokemon by having them face “huge Pokemon-shaped Balloon Bots” in a virtual space, with both sides trying to shoot balls into the opponent’s goal. Players must use the circle pad and touch screen to avoid shots from the Balloon Bots while landing in their own goal.

Another activity, Core Training, lets players set up training bags for Pokemon in their party to use. Pokemon will train by themselves and raise their stats on their own, but by tapping the touch screen during a Core Training session, players can help their Pokemon raise their stats.

http://gematsu.com/2013/08/pokemon-x-y-mega-evolution-super-training

Looks like there's going to be a lot of changes for X & Y when you consider the new horde and sky battles as well.

I can see a lot of Pokemon changing brackets in the competitive scene because of this. I bet it makes a lot of people unhappy too, I mean some Pokemon are quite strong as it is already, if you can buff the underlying stats what's to stop you making everything make the Uber tier? What happens to the ones in the Uber tier? There must be some sort of cap as otherwise you're just going to end up with everything being unstoppable.

• 4 weeks later...

There's your Pokemon Direct.

Pokemon Bank is a thing I've talked about wanting before so I'm pretty damn happy with that, but it's pay annually service. It doesn't say how much but if I'm gonna use it it will have to be pretty cheap, but Nintendo aren't the savviest when it comes to this sort of thing so I'm expecting them to get this wrong, unfortunately.

But I hope I'm wrong!

In text:

Nintendo shared new information on Pokemon X and Y during today’s Pokemon Direct live stream.

Unlike previous games, players are not given their first Pokemon from the Pokemon Professor. Instead, they’re given either Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie by a friend. The Professor will give you another Pokemon later, though—one of the three classic starter Pokemon from Pokemon Red and Blue. And each of them will have a Mega Evolution, as well.

To Mega Evolve, players will need to use a bracelet called the Mega Ring in combination with a Mega Stone. A strong bond between the Pokemon and its trainer is required for the Pokemon to Mega Evolve.

Players will be able to store their Pokemon on a Pokemon cloud service called Pokemon Bank. By paying an annual fee, players can upload up to 3,000 Pokemon to 100 boxes and access them anytime with an internet connection. Through another program called Poke Transporter, players can transfer their Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 Pokemon to Pokemon Bank, and then move them to Pokemon X and Y, as well.

Finally, Nintendo announced it is bringing the limited edition Pokemon X and Y-themed blue and red 3DS bundles to North America for $199 on September 27.

Find the full set of new details below.

http://gematsu.com/2013/09/pokemon-x-y-bulbasaur-charmander-squirtle-mega-evolve-pokemon-bank-announce

More details in the link.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same. I honestly never get excited about these but I've played the last few generations and always absolutely pour my time into them, awesome :)

So happy I have a 3DS!

Edit: Y for me too, same lengthy decision process :D