passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Far Cry 3

Hendo

• 3 weeks later...

I got this not long ago, i wasn't even gonna pick it up, i really didn't like the last two but everyone seems to be banging on about this so i gave it a chance & my bloody god i'm glad i did. Barely put it down!

There's so much to do/love about this game.

Really really like Vaas's character, they've done well creating him.

I currently completed the story, got all outposts, radio towers, memory cards just gathering the rest of the collectables atm.

What endings did people go for? All my friends seem to have gone for

Saving friends, i watched the other option on Youtube, its sex shortly followed by death.

I've done the first co-op mission but i'm up for doing the rest!

• 2 months later...

Ubisoft's uPlay has been hacked and FC3: Blood Dragon downloaded:

A band of Russian hackers have broken through the security on Ubisoft's PC games launcher uPlay, allowing them free access to the publisher's games.

The software hack is able to trick uPlay into thinking users already own a particular game, making it available to download at no cost and with no DRM.

Ubisoft's unannounced shooter Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is apparently lying on Ubisoft's servers, available to download to those who have the exploit.

Over half an hour of Blood Dragon footage was posted on YouTube today - and was quickly being pulled down by Ubisoft - seemingly evidence that the exploit works and is being used to play the unreleased game

Gameranx published an image of the game being downloaded and claimed that the title is already being passed around a number of torrent sites.

We've contacted Ubisoft for comment and will update when we hear back.

Ubisoft sent in the following statement to Game Informer:

"We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it quickly. No personal information was compromised. Uplay's PC download service will be unavailable until the problem is fixed, however all other Uplay services remain available."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-09-hackers-crack-ubisofts-uplay-security-able-to-download-games-for-free

• 3 weeks later...

I played a bit of Blood Dragon earlier, it's pretty funny so far. The 16 bit graphics in the cutscenes are pretty good, the dialogue and plot are the right kind of nonsense, and stabbing a guy then giving him the finger made me laugh. Whether it stays funny is another matter I guess.

I've had a few problems though, the graphical style hurts it a bit. As part of the tutorial I was told to turn off alarms, as you would in the main game, only I couldn't find them, nor could I hear them sound amongst all the other noise. It does seem to want you to play it more actiony/aggressive though so maybe it doesn't matter that much

I played the trial and although it had charm I could see myself getting sick of it quite quickly since the main game didn't exactly light my world on fire. Funny tutorial though.

Double post for news.

More Blood Dragon?

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon went from an April Fools joke, to sort-of-kind-of a thing, to a real release. It pretty much came out of nowhere and wowed gamers of all shapes and sizes, which naturally leads to the burning question on everyone's minds, "will there be a sequel?"

We may have gotten our first taste of a hint, as Blood Dragon star Michael Biehn on Major Nelson Radio had this to say about the game's Creative Director Dean Evans: "He was pretty jacked up. He was going into a meeting today. I think he wants to turn it into some sort of franchise. He's got a sequel in mind." While it's far from a done deal, at least we know the wheels are turning for a potential follow-up to the series.

In my assessment of Blood Dragon, I noted that while I would love to see a continuation of the franchise, I would hate for it to overdo it, or overstay its welcome. In small doses, the short adventure was pretty much perfect in terms of pacing, but I'm not sure how much staying power a full release would have.

I think for it to have legs it will have to stop laughing at itself and start liking itself.

• 3 months later...

I've gone back to Blood Dragon to get it finished, and like Skyrim before it I've gone in to do the story stuff and done anything but. Oh well, getting value for money I guess.

There's a great mission referencing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, very similar to the Borderlands 2 one except completely different in tone. They are absolute pricks but it's a funny mission

fc3_blooddragon_d3d11d0u3j.png

fc3_blooddragon_d3d11wauau.png

I finished Blood Dragon yesterday, pretty much rinsed it too. I think the extra few months gap between now and when I started it helped get over the Far Cry 3 fatigue, I ended up liberating all the garrisons and getting all the collectables before heading in to the final 2 missions. The penultimate mission is decent enough, certainly different, the last mission though might be the best last mission I've played in a game in years. It managed to make me laugh a few times too.

I did the side missions I missed after that, but you're so powerful after the end of the game that they weren't really a challenge. Great game though, glad I went back to it

Had a mammoth session on this yesterday, wiped the main island clean apart from the collectibles which is just a ridiculous number.

Started going for the relics and then stopped when I realised how many there are.

Have got to the second (and presumably, last) island and am now theoretically in a position to take down outposts without being spotted but it seems I still can't just stroll in because the guards suss you straight away. No idea how I'm meant to take them all out silently - I have pretty much all the skills I need unlocked, like the ability to stab the big guys but I always get spotted.

I've had the definition of insanity bit and the E3 boobs bit and just before that, the oddest boss fight in an otherwise fairly realistic game.

I've crafted everything I need so now I can just sell any animal skins I come across I think. Rocking a silenced pistol, silenced SMG, sniper rifle and the bow. :)

• 3 months later...

i started this the other day, not sure i really like it but its ok so far, although i did kill a tiger with a rocket launcher.

finding it hard to just get on with the story, im constantly running out of bullets, and have a very limited choice of guns, then go hunting to rectify this and end up attracting loads of unwanted attention. i've equipped silencers to loads of guns but never get chance to use them as the baddies always seem to use loud guns and as im always running out of bullets so picking up the loud guns. i suspect im being stupid. i'm going to play some more.

It might be more of a stealth game than you're playing it as. Also, remember to loot bodies and skin animals, you can fast travel back to liberated camps too and buy ammo

I will say the gets easier once you've liberated a few camps and climbed some towers. The most I struggled with it was definitely early on like you

I will say the gets easier once you've liberated a few camps

cheers for the tips dude, i thing that might be what i'm missing, don't think i've liberated any camps, which is probably why there's bad dudes all over the place annoying me.

cool, yeah, did some liberation and hunting today, definitely making it easier now. about half way through the story...the story missions seem a bit rubbish, most of the fun seems to be from random stuff happening, but i just want to get on with the story so its still not really working for me, i never really get on with open world games so it was always going to be a bit of a long shot for me. oh well, it looks nice, and was only ~ a fiver.

To be fair, cool stuff does happen, some backup arrived at a camp, drove their jeep round this big rock that looked like they would end up in the sea, but fair play to them they got round onto the beach and parked up, then proceeded to reverse into the sea, and die.