passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

GRID 2

retroed

So this has now been officially announced by Codemasters, and there's various previews doing the rounds on the interwebs. Including Eurogamer.

The unfortunate stand out part for me is no in-car view because '95% don't use it'. I'm part of the 5% that do. Sounds lazy to me, and I loved the original Grid.

21130220.jpg

Personally I find in car view unusable in most games. If their data shows that hardly any of their customers use in-car, it has to be hard to justify spending the time and money implementing it.

I really disliked the twitchy handling and crash-happy, line-hogging AI in the demo for the first Grid.

I'm surprised so little use in-car view, I almost don't believe them. I always use it in Forza. It's just more fun even if it isn't the most efficient.

I've not bought a Codies racing game since one of the touring car games on the old Xbox so they've hardly lost me.

The in-car view for DiRT 2 was excellent. I only played bits round at a mates but it was way more immersive than using the outside view. Also, watching his avatar hang from the rear view mirror jolt as I stacked the car was a cool touch.

I quite liked the first one, but the handling wasn't quite right IMO, so hopefully this will be better. Dirt 2 had quite a big handling improvement over the first game and f1 handles well so I think there's a good chance this could be ace like the old toca games, fingers crossed. Silly move taking out the in car view though, not that I use it.

• 9 months later...

odd indeed. i thought that was a preorder track pack thing (2 different ones), so they wouldn't show up on the marketplace...so yeah i have no idea...fake-edit- looking on xbox.com i can see 3 track/car packs (and the vip/online pass) which looks similar to the preorder stuff i didn't think would show up, although like you say no asia one (maybe that's the gtr/Yas Marina circuit one?). so i was wrong. and at least you can buy the extra stuff, but it looks like over £10 to buy all the extra tracks.