passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Steam has a sale.

Sly Reflex

I looked through the results of the Summer Adventure contest thingy for the last couple of days: One team has finished light years ahead each day and all the others were kind of equal. A different colour won each day, blue are going to win day 5.

Seems like bullshit to me. Still, I've made a couple of quid in credit from selling my cards, so that's something.

I think what happens is that when you make a card you get a token that allows you to steal points off another team. I was watching the bars yesterday and blue was top and then all of a sudden it was bottom, I didn't realise that you got tokens to gimp other teams when you made a badge until I made the summer badge myself. I know that the points you steal is quite a lot, something like 400 points or something daft.

How the internet tried to rig the Steam Summer Adventure, and how Valve is trying to stop them

Aha, here is what's happening! A group of people have drawn up a timetable which give each team a win on a certain day and are manipulating the market to ensure that it happens, with each team getting a total of two wins over the course of the sale, and Valve have tried to counteract them by awarding games to the second and third place teams.

But Valve haven't been very successful because as you can see the timetable is still going according to plan.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/28rpxj/operation_everyone_work_as_a_teamgive_every_team/

Man the internet is a weird and wonderful place.

I'd have to be lucky with future drops or have people trade out my dupes for that to happen, I don't think it'll work sadly, especially when I trade out cards to friends that have not got the badge when I could have used that card myself. Swings and roundabouts, innit?

Looks like red team are going to mop up the rest of the days left with wins. It looks like something was broken somewhere, maybe the token that allowed people to switch teams caused it to get unbalanced? As a cross section my friend list should be equally distributed, but it isn't I've only got 3 people on purple team compared to the 10+ on red. Good for those on red team I guess, free cards for doing bugger all.

• Hendo pinned this topic