passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Child of Eden

illdog

out of interest, could you make some paper legs, then hang them off your coffee table so Kinect thought you were stood up?

purely speculation but if you did that it'd think you had really odd legs? as your fake legs would be really far ahead of you. still it sounds like a fun test, maybe i'll try it this weekend.

Finished Alice, playing this.

Ive done Normal, hard is a big step up. More bullets and damage taken is massive (maybe twice?). Reading through this thread, i didnt realise the perfect's were given on the beat so cheers Spatular, thats made a huge difference to my score, although i do find it difficult to recognise the beat when it goes quite fast. Hard difficulty does somehow make it even more awesome and the game was covered in awesome sauce before. And Evolution music is still my favorite, its just amazing.

Also Spat, i beat your score on Matrix Hard so get to work. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hard is too hard for me. :weep:

I find it too frustrating to spend 15 minutes getting a majority of the way through the level only to be killed in a few hits by the stupidly powerful bullets. I haven't got the patients to do it again and again and again, im not finding it fun.

Hats off Spatular. Did you find it quite easy? Ive done Matrix and Evolution but the boss on Level 3 just wont die and Level 4 is really hard with the two blokes running and the ton of bullets they shoot when they collide. I got past that bit but then met my death and another load of bullets from the next thing.

i didn't find it easy on hard, just scraped past to clear them, i did try to get some better scores on hard but keep dying at the end of the level, it is pretty annoying like you say so i gave up for now, will go back to it though, its a lot about knowing what to do when, like some bits you've really got to ignore the boss or whatever and concentrate on the missiles, and other bits where you have to kill stuff before the circle shrinks to stop missiles, knowing when that stuff happens helps a lot i think.

you tried hope? that was really hard to even finish, took me about a week trying a few times a day.

• 2 months later...

this came out on the ps3 today so I've been playing it with the Move controller. The way you'd expect it to work with the Move is essentially for it to be a lightgun game, that's certainly what I was expecting and what I think I wanted. Instead it sort of plays more like the kinect version, the ball of the move acts as the curser and you move that around.

It doesn't sound any different written down, but what it means is that if you want to reach the top corner of the screen you have to move your whole arm rather than just your wrist. I assume this is deliberate to encourage movement, and that's fine, it works ok, however it means you have to be further away from the tv, it can be a bit funny with the calibration, and my arm was knackered by the end of the level (if you let your arm drop you're essentially staring at the floor, or space floor)

It seems a shame not to use the motion controls if that's what was intended, but for the ease of it I think a standard controller might be the way to go.

I was playing this on Kinect the other day, which prompted me to go back and finally finish off the boss of the last stage with a controller. It's weird how after loads of times getting hit by missiles and those ring of yellow bullets on previous tries, I did this on my second attempt without taking a single hit.

Anyway, it was a fantastic experience and left me feeling great.

The Kinect is best with the music turned right up and the game turned to that no fail mode. You feel like some kind of techno-wizard.

• 3 weeks later...

Got this for the bargain price of about 7 quid for the downloadable version, played the first two levels.

The second level is brilliant but I've been disappointed with the first, and also the way they're stretching the game out is pretty bad. You need to unlock the rest of the levels by earning so many stars, it's always more than you're likely to get from one playthrough so I've done the first level 3 times through and still only unlocked 25% of the rewards you can get from it.

So at this point, I'm really glad I didn't pay a lot for it, and having it on the HDD is good for me to dip in and dip out every now and then.

However the second level is worth a run through - Space Whale and Space Pheonix :wub:

Also, Lumi is unbelievably beautiful.

Got this for the bargain price of about 7 quid for the downloadable version, played the first two levels.

The second level is brilliant but I've been disappointed with the first, and also the way they're stretching the game out is pretty bad. You need to unlock the rest of the levels by earning so many stars, it's always more than you're likely to get from one playthrough so I've done the first level 3 times through and still only unlocked 25% of the rewards you can get from it.

So at this point, I'm really glad I didn't pay a lot for it, and having it on the HDD is good for me to dip in and dip out every now and then.

However the second level is worth a run through - Space Whale and Space Pheonix :wub:

Also, Lumi is unbelievably beautiful.

This. This. And this.

Even though the visuals and effects are way more intricate, I still don't think it's as good a game as Rez. The first level was quite basic but the second really ramped it up. Playing it on the controller currently, but i'm borrowing a mate's Kinect later in the week to give that a go as well.

Glad I didn't pay anywhere near full price for it (had it on my pre-order list for ages), I would've been rather disappointed if I had.

• 3 weeks later...

Loving the music to Evolution too, though I think Passion comes close. I can't do the last level on normal. Granted, I've only tried it a few times and I've not played it for a bit but it seemed a bit of a bitch.

I was a bit unimpressed with it at first, it just seemed like more Rez which I suppose was always the promise but I think I may of built it up in my head as something that was going to be mind blowing, like playing Rez for the first time again. Once I got over that I started enjoying it for what it is. It does have awesome moments in it.

Lumi is a cute wee thing. I think she's the singer from Genki Rockets who does the soundtrack.

I read that she's a model who is the face of the band and shown as the singer but the actual singer is a session musician.

It was recently revealed in the credits section of Genki Rocket's debut album, Genki Rockets I: Heavenly Star, that Rachel Rhodes and Nami Miyahara are the lead singers for the fictional character Lumi and a group of backup singers are also present. This is not entirely certain, since the producers have not stated whether or not these are the actual lead singers, or just people covering up for other voices combined, such as stated at the beginning of the article. Rachel Rhodes also seems to be the cover model in the "Heavenly Star", "Breeze", and "Star Line" videos, as well as being featured in the album art pages of the Genki Rockets I: Heavenly Star album. This is also uncertain, since there is no proof of the cover model's name on the CD case or booklet, so we are left to assume that she is only a motion outline, or 3-D model for Lumi.

So....maybe? :unsure: