PSN being rebuilt

Hendo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to my bank today - they've been circulating messages telling people not to cancel their credit cards, the anti-fraud measures have been pumped up.

I'm still certain the PSN has my old credit card details though so I should be fine.

i had an email from nintendo (looks like a phishing scam, but i believe it's legit) that starts with:

"Dear Nintendo fan,

At Nintendo we respect the privacy rights of our online visitors and we recognise the importance of protecting your personal details."

so yeah, take that sony! it goes on to say if you don't log in to accept new t&c's that allows them to spy on you you'll lose all your star points. brilliant.

i had an email from nintendo (looks like a phishing scam, but i believe it's legit) that starts with:

"Dear Nintendo fan,

At Nintendo we respect the privacy rights of our online visitors and we recognise the importance of protecting your personal details."

so yeah, take that sony! it goes on to say if you don't log in to accept new t&c's that allows them to spy on you you'll lose all your star points. brilliant.

Yeah, this is legit. I'll put up a thread, as if you don't agree to the terms by the end of the month, you lose all your Stars.

Also, if you use the same email/password combo for all your sites, you really shouldn't.

that's not a bad idea, but what if you don't have your text file with you? - actually i know someone who does a similar thing and stores the file on the internet so he can get at it with his phone. there's some free programs that follow that basic idea i've been thinking of trying too. but it worries me that it sort of defeats the point of having loads of passwords in the first place, that and i don't trust technology.

God, i couldnt do that, if someone figures out one password the whole lot is waiting there.

I just remember all mine, if you use that website alot, surely it wont take long to get in your head.

you need to be a super hero to remember 15+ passwords.

I currently have somewhere in the region of 160+ accounts with passwords at work. And the passwords expire every 30 days. I gave up trying to keep track ages ago.

I call the Unix support team when I need to login and get a new password.

dont think this has already been posted, but we're going to be getting 2 free games from a choice of 5.

What we don't know yet is whether it's going to be parent account locked (or I.P. locked), whether we're talking 'PS3 games' like Pixel Junk Shooter, or PS3 games like Infamous. And if it is 'proper' games whether it's going to be the ones already up for download (Assassin's Creed 2) or a postal thing, which does then kill off the multiple account thing

that's not a bad idea, but what if you don't have your text file with you? - actually i know someone who does a similar thing and stores the file on the internet so he can get at it with his phone. there's some free programs that follow that basic idea i've been thinking of trying too. but it worries me that it sort of defeats the point of having loads of passwords in the first place, that and i don't trust technology.

I've memorised a couple of the important ones, and I have the rest on my phone in another locked file. I can remotely wipe the phone if it gets nicked, too. :)

Two free games sounds OK, unless we have the five games that they are offering. Or if they're shit.