passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo 3DS

Sly Reflex

It's only £12.99 at GAME too, with £2.50 in reward points. It's a very stripped down version from what I've heard.

We have Steel Diver now, but I won't be getting it. I played through LEGO PotC and it was enjoyable, but nowhere near as long as The Clone Wars.

I'm looking forward to getting Ocarina of Time later this month. E3 next week too, and we'll have the eShop available.

Sneak peak of the new points cards in Japan.

Nintendo-3DS-eShop-Prepaid-Card1-450x234.jpg

They say Wii, DSi, and 3DS. Does this mean that current points cards will work? I have 6000 on their way, if I can use them it's a bonus. If not, I'll grab some DSiWare and VC stuff.

EDIT: looks like they're 1000 and 2000 YEN cards, I didn't notice at first.

eShop details. May vary for us. ie: $3.99 for Super Mario Land probably won't be priced accordingly for us. I'd guess it will be £3.99. Happy to be proven wrong, though.

- Minimum price point of $1.99 for eShop games

- Super Mario Land: $3.99

- Alleyway/Radar Mission: $2.99

- Pokedex 3D free forever

- eShop has a scrolling “shelf” of square icons

- These icons represents a category of games

- Much flexibility in determining what categories to display on the shelf

- Shelf could be used for Mario games, two-player games, games that start with the letter W

- View up to six dual-screen screenshots and six dual-screen videos of games on the shop

- Nintendo has toyed around with the issue of whether to release demo versions of games

- Game Boy games: Only option allows you to view the games in solid black-and-white colors or in the classic gray-and-green scheme

- TurboGrafx and Game Gear games will be added later

- Excitebike is a “rebuild”

- Excitebike programmed from the ground up without using the original NES game’s code

- Track editor will use both of the 3DS’ screens

- 3D slider in the game adjusts the 3D effect and camera angle

- Dial the 3D down: Camera zooms in and shows a closer view of the biker

- Dial the 3D up: Camera pulls back to show a wide-angle shot of the stadium bleachers far off in the distance

- Can only add funds to your wallet on the shop in amounts of $5, $10, $20, and $50

- No account that saves personal details and credit card information

- Enter card details each time you want to add funds

- No “redeem code” functionality currently to download a specific piece of software

- Nintendo figuring out some way to let writers review games before they come out

- Announcement about eShop games will be on Mondays, the games will actually be released on Thursdays

- Nintendo will update the shop with more robust features

- Excitebike 3D will be $5.99 after the free time period

- Can’t share tracks you make with others

- Search for specific titles by typing the name in

- Search bar at the top level of navigation at all times

- Netflix will be just like Wii

- Netflix app will be in the main menu

- No 3D movies from Netflix

- The above could change in the future

- Nintendo went back and made over 400 trailers for the DSiWare games

- Bookmark games to a personal wishlist

- Nintendo looking into making the credit card entering process more user friendly soon

- Rate every game for the 3DS, physical and downloadable

- Assign star ratings and pre-selected messages including “This is good”

- Can’t rate any game at all until you’ve played it for at least an hour

- Rating option won’t even appear until you’re met the requirements

- Navigate the main menu to the left to see stuff like news, recent arrivals, Charts, more advanced search feature, wishlist, rate games, adding funs

- Access these categories quickly through a dropdown menu for easier access when in other parts of the shop

- Recent arrivals: Last 20 games on the service

- Charts: Most popular/most downloaded titles

The above was copied from RLLMUK. Not sure of sources.

These DSiWare games will not be transferable to the 3DS.

* Art Academy First Semester

* Art Academy Second Semester

* Asphalt IV

* Crash-Course Domo

* Earthworm Jim

* Flipnote Studio

* Hard-Hat Domo

* Let's Golf

* Nintendo DSi Browser

* Oregon Trail

* Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon

* Pro-Putt Domo

* Real Soccer 2009

* Real Soccer 2010

* Rock-n-Roll Domo

* SUDOKU MASTER

* SUDOKU SENSEI

* Sudoku Student

* White-Water Domo

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-02-some-dsiware-titles-wont-work-on-3ds

did the update, the browser seems alright, not tried it with video yet but I might use it for browsing in bed from now on rather than my phone. It's easier to type quickly with a stylus but I think my phone browser is quicker, we'll see

Downloaded Excitebike and that pokemon thing, at first I was liking the layout of the store, but then I went looking for DSi stuff and it's actually stupid. You get to see popular stuff and most recent stuff, but if there's a lot of games you have to use the search option, and that only displays something like 5 results at a time.

The pricing is a bit off, over £10 for some of the dsi games, and the price nintendo are charging for ancient GB games is a bit off, mario at least

On that note though is there anything on the dsiware side that I should get?

http://www.mfgamers.com/index.php?showtopic=37874

Reflect Missile is my favourite DSiWare title.

I just downloaded the update and Excitebike, seemed to download fairly quickly. I'm going to get Super Mario Land, despite the high price (£3.60) in comparison to what the US have it available for ($3.99).

Flipnote studio & Shantae

I cant get my eShop connected to Club Nintendo :unsure: Anyone else have that problem. Even reset and changed my password.

I've tried getting on their website proper and it's crashing, could be their servers getting hammered (they're streaming the conference from there later). It was working before when I synched

And like Ed says Shantae is a stupid price