passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Meat Boy

Hendo

I think im on Level 11 and i had to stop. Only so much Meat Boy one can take at these difficulty levels.

yeah man, when it started getting mental tough i could only do a few levels before a little break. The Kid is one of the hardest achievements ive come across, but i know you can do it brooooo!

• 2 years later...

I just beat the Super Shit Boy tonight. I really like this game. It's infuriating at times, but that doesn't matter. If I die it just means I fucked up. The level design is sublime, introducing hazards and making sure you are equipped to deal with them by making you perform action even though sometimes you don't realise you are doing it is just flawless. Other developers take note, this is how you do it.

• 2 months later...

I fucked that boss. What a cunt.

I had a quick scan through the leaderboards to see how well I was doing. There were no names. I thought it was broken so went back a world. No names. So I went back to the start leaderboards and there's something like 30+ names on there. I don't think any of them make it through world 3. PC players Y u so lightweight?

There are really so little playing it on PC? I guess it's a game that pretty much everyone bought and didn't play; probably in Steam sales (although I did that, too, but I have some pretty okay times validating my existence on the 360 version).

• 2 years later...

I wasn't sure how much I was gonna play this since I played it a lot on the 360 but I suppose that's a long time ago now and it's good to return. I've got quite far, got a bunch of bandages and even found some warp zones I didn't figure out. I'm even toying with the silly idea of finishing the Dark World this time.

As for the soundtrack, the first world is really bad. I see what they were going for but it just doesn't work, I'm surprised they went with it. The rest is pretty good, though. No idea why they'd open with when they have.

• 7 years later...

I made the mistake of redownloading the 360 version of this after watching a couple of videos (mainly The Completionist and Nick AR) 100%-ing it.

I'm on World 3, and it is an incredibly-well designed game. HOWEVER, I find I can't move on to the next level until I A+ the one I'm on. So it's a massive exercise in frustration. I can feel the annoyance rising every time I play it but also can't stop myself.

I will complete this game. Even if I have to give up on A+ rankings for each level. 

As someone who has 100%’d this I strongly recommend you don’t send yourself insane getting the A+ marks to start with. The skills you naturally gain just from completing later levels help massively on earlier ones. Have you started doing the dark versions too? 

Yeah, I think I've got A+ on all World 1 (maybe one Dark Level missing from that), and all of World 2 Light version.

I've seen the places where I need to improve, and hit World 4 last night. Up to now I've got A+ on every Light level I've played. I'm going to skip the Dark Worlds for now, then make a play for the bandages. If I manage to complete it, great. If I don't, it's fine. I never, ever feel like it's the game's fault when I die though, so that's absolutely a testament to the sublime design here.