3 - Hitman Absolution (360) 13hrs

4 - Starseed Pilgrim (PC) 11hrs

5 - Dragon Age II (360) 11hrs

6 - Halo : Reach (360) 9hrs

7 - Castlevania : Lords Of Shadow (360) 8hrs

8 - Metro 2033 (360) 7hrs

9 - Aliens : Colonial Marines (360) 7hrs

10 - World Of Warcraft (PC) 7hrs

Some kind of internet sale going on might have affected the charts....

Who's playing Aliens?

Monday 15th July - Sunday 21st July

1 - The fucking sun!!!!! (Multiformat) 168hrs

2 - Dragon Age II (360) 29hrs

3 - Resident Evil 4 HD (XBLA) 13hrs

4 - Risen 2 : Dark Waters (360) 12hrs

5 - Sid Meier's Civilization IV (PC) 12hrs

6 - Animal Crossing : New Leaf (3DS) 11hrs

7 - R.U.S.E. (360) 11hrs

8 - Civilization V (PC) 8hrs

9 - World Of Warcraft (PC) 8hrs

10 - Hitman Absolution (PC) 8hrs

11 - Bioshock Infinite (PC) 8hrs

The steam sale continues to influence the chart. Bob with Dragon Age II (I think). I'm playing R.U.S.E.and its really really good.

Considering the sales have been raging across 2 chart weeks they've not really made an impact really, outside of Borderlands 2. The remnants of the spoils gotten will probably show over the coming weeks though. Unless people just bought all those games for the trading cards.

The 2nd week sales total to 36 hours in the top 10. Borderlands 2 managed that on its own. It's really tight down at the bottom of the chart there, almost half the chart is butted up against other regarding hours.

I'm actually really surprised OMD!2 didn't make it in, me and H had a good old session on that, I thought it'd have made an appearance. I'm not sure I'm the only person playing Infinite. I do know some people have been idling it to get the cards from it.

Should I avoid DA2? Loved the first one, having done 3 playthroughs so far....

It depends what your expectations are for the game. I was expecting something like Origins, obviously, it was the sequel after all. What I got was something closer to Mass Effect 2 and 3. The RPG elements have been heavily stripped back and whereas I think that worked wonderfully for ME, here it felt like they had just done it as a short cut. The most disappointing thing is that you can no longer really get to know your party members, only talk to them about certain things at specific times in the story. The ability to equip them with whatever you want has also been taken away. Each dungeon type only has one map and the only difference is that a door that is locked in one location will be open in another. I think it was developed over eighteen months and it really shows.

So with all these things taken away my original experience of the game was one of disappointment and I didn't really remember anything about the game other than hating it. Going back to it, knowing that it was a very different experience to Origins, enjoying what the game did right rather than focussing solely on what they had taken away. It was a much more positive experience. The story is still really good, voice acting is solid and most of the characters are well written if not always especially likeable. Combat has had a huge visual overhaul but the core of it stays the same, everything just looks a lot flashier.

So yeah, I would recommend it if you liked Origins. Just don't expect anything near that level of depth.

Raptr (or the Xbox) was nice enough to bug out yesterday and the site is now claiming I have played Mirror's Edge for 8 hours. Thought I would mention it in case the chart maker wants to take it out.

Monday 21st July - Sunday 28th July

1 - Animal Crossing : New Leaf (3DS) 19hrs

2 - Saints Row : The Third (360/PC) 15hrs

3 - Awesomenauts (PC) 13hrs

4 - Sid Meier's Civilization IV (PC) 11hrs

5 - R.U.S.E (360) 9hrs

6 - Call Of Duty : Black Ops II (360) 7hrs

7 - Pokemon White Version (DS) 7hrs

8 - Fallout 3 (PC) 7hrs

9 - Prince Of Persia : The Forgotten Sands (360) 7hrs

10 - Gears Of War : Judgement (360) 6hrs