passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The 2010 Support Group

HandsomeDead

I promised myself to buy less games next year, I'm sure a few of us did. but after looking at the release list over the next few months I realise its going to be hard. Has anyone seen what the next three months look like? It puts winter 2008 to shame.

Games I'm deffinatly getting are; Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Heavy Rain, Bad Company 2 and Alpha Protocol.

So to start off, I've decided that any Wii, DS and PSP games are getting picked up in the sales.

PS3/360 I'm having to strike off are Darksiders, Split/Second, Bioshock 2, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction. I'm also having trouble deciding between Final Fantasy XIII and God of War 3. I think I'll only be able to afford one of them.

There are loads more set for March but I'm sure that their date is a place holder; Red Dead Redemption, Mafia II, Max Payne 3 and Metro 2033. There are others but I can't be bothered to list them.

So how is everyone else rationalising their future purchases?

I salute your intensions but question your willpower. Not just yours but everybody who tries to cut down on games purchasing.

I for one am just going to go fucking nuts this as i did the last and the year before that, there's no point pretending i wont because i know as well as everyone else that as soon as a tasty bargain is posted in the Ed Thread ill be all over it like a fat chick on a push bike.

Anyone who says they are going to cut down and actually sticks to it will get the official illdog thumbs up, just as good now as it was in '62.

One game I'm certainly considering shaving off my list is Final Fantasy XIII. Sounds bad. No towns, side quests, NPCs, just a straight line with battles and bosses. Joyous. :rolleyes:

Hopefully some of the other games on my to buy list turn out to be shit, since otherwise I am going to struggle to afford them all on release. I know it's not the end of the world, but when the whole of the internet is praising a certain game, it's hard to resist, Damnit!

I'm going to seriously cut down on my video game spending. Mainly because my gaming habits have changed considerably, and I'm not finding the time to play console stuff like I used to. I'm going to concentrate on stuff I have sitting in my collection, along with the odd new release. Bad Company 2 is the only definite, and that's at the beginning of March. Heavy Rain is a strong possibility. I didn't realise it was out so soon. Most of the others I'm probably not going to bother with.

I didn't spend much last year, but there are so many I want next year! Thing is this year I had money next year I won't so I'll have to wait for the price to drop on everything before I buy it. I'm definately getting Bayonetta and Final Fantasy 13 on release, maybe White Knight Chronicles too.

The thing I'm finsing hardest though is trying to resist some of the older games I missed out on and are now really cheap, because I want to buy loads of them at once even though I'll never have the time to play them all.

Or just buy all those classics of this year at cut down prices. I've finally got round to Left 4 Dead 1!

It seems like a nobel statement and god knows I've tried it a few times. I've only just finished off my old XBox back catalogue as those who follow the retro thread know, but when your on a forum, or you check you friends list on Live and they're all talking and playing the latest games, you feel like your missing out.

I blame you guys. ;) Play older games. :wub:

I am going to try and cut down - there are no big releases in the first couple of months that I am going to get. I dont want Bayonetta, I need to finish Mass Effect before I buy number 2 - I cant think of any others. My only garunteed purchases so far are FFXIII and White Knight Chronicles. Might get Sega racing if it is good and cheap.

I have truckloads of games I want to finish tho so I shouldnt miss out on not buying.

Saying all that I have just bid on Harry Potter OOTP on ebay :)