passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Batman: Arkham City

retroed

The Batman: Arkham City online pass unlocks Catwoman as a playable character, it has been revealed.

Streams of the game being played reveal that Catwoman is only playable for those who have bought a new copy of the game or buy a code.

"Catwoman is a unique character with her own story, moves, and weapons. Unlock Catwoman by redeeming the 1st purchaser included in the game case or by visiting Xbox Live Marketplace," says the game's title screen.

Eurogamer has had this verified with a source.

Batman: Arkham City's VIP pass unlocks four story scenes that feature Catwoman as a playable character.

It also unlocks Catwoman as a playable character in challenge mode (called Riddler's Revenge).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-13-batman-online-pass-unlocks-catwoman

I didn't even know there was an Online pass. Not that it bothers me, I'm actually in favour of such a thing. Problems arise when there's someone who bought the game new, yet doesn't have an internet connection to activate the code for this single-player content.

an online pass for online stuff is fine imo, but locking out content that's on the disc is bullshit. The online pass covers the server chargers, doing this just punishes people who buy 2nd hand.

Take my housemate for example, he can't afford the game on release, so will probably play mine when I'm done, harsh that he's going to have to pay for the full single player game

I think this may be a touch too far with this online pass business. It's looking set to blow up and become the new horse armor. I can understand why these online passes exist but the only people this is actually affecting a great deal is the second hand consumers.

I was under the impression that the Catwomen scenes were a part of the main story (as opposed to the Robin & Nightwing stuff which are just for the challenge maps). Unless she also has a separate side-story, it's a bit off to be withholding parts of the campaign unless you've bought the game new.

I think this may be a touch too far with this online pass business. It's looking set to blow up and become the new horse armor.

To be fair, with that one we all pretty much rolled over and took it.

You only have to look at the absurd prices for weapon skins on Gears of War 3 - you can get a "discount" if you want all of them for a mere 30 quid! For weapon skins!

It does look mega, although I'm not sure why The Penguin sounds like a cock-a-ney.

He's voiced by Nolan North blink.gif. His IMDB page is packed with stuff I didn't even know he'd done.

Been a busy boy with this, Uncharted and Assassin's Creed out in the next few weeks.

The Catwoman season pass comes with an extra 150 points worth of achievements. Whats the betting the Robin DLC and the Nightwing DLC also comes with an extra 150. They are certainly whoring the hell out of this game :)

edit - oh yes they do :)

DLC: Catwoman DLC

Sphinx' Riddle - Complete all 40 of the Catwoman Riddler grid items

Arkham City Sirens - Drop in on an old friend

Pick Pocket - Steal the score of a lifetime

Family Jewels - Retrieve your stolen goods

Feline Revenge - Obtain all 72 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Catwoman)

Campaign Kitty - Obtain all 108 medals on the original Arkham City campaigns (as Catwoman)

DLC: Robin DLC

Robin Revenge - Obtain 78 medals on the original Arkham City and Robin Bundle Pack ranked maps (as Robin)

Campaign Wonder - Obtain 114 medals on the original Arkham City and Robin Bundle Pack campaigns (as Robin)

DLC: Nightwing DLC

Nightwing Revenge - Obtain 78 medals on the original Arkham City and Nightwing Bundle Pack ranked maps (as Nightwing)

Campaign Nightwing - Obtain 114 medals on the original Arkham City and Nightwing Bundle Pack campaigns (as Nightwing)